Dental Crowns in St. Louis. You know that you want a perfect smile and you know that dental crowns are an option to help you get the look that you want. Dental crowns are an excellent choice to repair smiles and teeth when the removal of a tooth isn’t needed. Our Family Dentistry is a leading provider of dental crown services in St. Louis, and we’re always proud to help improve the smiles of our clients. To learn more about our Family Dentistry in St. Louis and how we’re the right dentistry for your dental crown needs, call our team at 314-361-1818 or request an appointment online.
What are Dental Crowns? – Dental Crowns St. Louis
Dental Crowns are prosthetics that are placed on top of the existing tooth in order to restore the damage that has been done to the existing tooth. A dental crown in essence is a cap that performs the function of the original tooth as if the original tooth had never been damaged. Crowns are custom-made to fit each tooth and can be made out of several different types of materials such as resin, gold, porcelain, metal, and one of the more common options, ceramic.
Why Would I Need a Dental Crown in St. Louis?
Teeth get damaged over time. Unhealthy oral habits like not brushing and flossing enough or not getting regular cleanings and polishings can lead to tooth decay. Decay can make teeth weak. When that happens, a dental crown can help protect a weak tooth from breaking, or hold it together if it has cracks.
Other cases where you may need dental crowns include:
- Holding a dental bridge in place
- Covering a misshapen or discolored tooth
- Covering and protecting a dental implants
- Covering a tooth that’s been treated by a root canal after an abscessed tooth
In general, whenever a tooth is damaged beyond what fillings, dental bonding, a dental crown, or a cap is often the best remedy.
What’s the Dental Crown Process in St. Louis?
The dental crown process is typically completed in two visits:
- Your St. Louis dentist will take an X-Ray of the tooth and the bone around it, and remove all infected or damaged material from the affected tooth. The tooth will then be prepared by filing down the tooth on the top and its sides. A past or putty is then applied to the tooth to make an impression of it. Your dentist will then make a temporary crown to protect the tooth until the second visit. The impression is then sent to a dental laboratory where the permanent dental crown is made.
- The permanent dental crown is usually shipped to the dentist in two or three weeks. After checking that the color and shape of the crown is correct and make any necessary adjustments, your dentist will cement the crown in place.
Are Dental Crowns Right for You?
When you want to improve your smile you’re going to be given several different options to choose from based on your oral health. So what makes Dental Crowns right for your particular case? Dental Crowns are caps placed over the teeth that return the tooth to its original shape and function. Dental Crowns also play a vital role in strengthening the tooth and returning it to intended size, shape and function.
Dental Crowns are minimally invasive and are fitted over your existing tooth so that you can use the tooth as if it weren’t damaged.
Where Can I get Dental Crowns in St. Louis?
Our Family Dentistry in St. Louis offers Dental Crowns and Dental Crown services. We understand that you want your smile to look perfect, and that your oral health is important. We feel the same way. Our team will always place your needs first to ensure that you get the care and attention you deserve. If you need dental crowns and you want an experienced and professional family dentistry in St. Louis to help you, call our team today at 314-361-1818 to set up an appointment. We are looking forward to speaking with you and helping you set a plan of action for your oral health.
St. Louis Dental Crowns | Plaza Dental Center
Everyone enjoys a great smile! With our exceptional Dental Services and Team, we sure to give you the smile you want. Our St. Louis Dental Team has helped our patients correct their smiles with several different cosmetic and restorative techniques and treatments. Our Oral Surgeons will be happy to outline your personalized cosmetic dentistry treatment plan and explain all your options. Take the first step towards enhancing your smile and schedule your dentistry exam today at 314-361-1818 or contact us online.