Plaza Dental Center provides St. Louis County patients with Incredible Dental Implants
Dental Implants in St. Louis. St. Louis County dental implants are an important tool in restoring smiles and healthy tooth function. Dental implants are one of our most requested services and improve patients’ health and provide an incredible smile. As professional implant dental providers, we are proud to offer excellent quality and convenient dental implants in St. Louis County.
If you’re interested in dental implants for your smile, we can help you. We’re proud to provide incredible smiles to our clients, and nothing is better to our team than when our clients first see their new smiles after receiving St. Louis County dental implants. Our implant services will allow you to enjoy the smile that you want and desire. To discover more about our dental implant services in St. Louis County, or to schedule a service with our team, call 314-361-1818 now!
What is Implant Dentistry? | Dental Implants St. Louis
While there are a few different types of dental implants, they all consist of metal dental anchors that serve as manufactured roots for artificial teeth. When a patient is missing one or more teeth, dental implants in St. Louis County offer a permanent (not to mention convenient and comfortable) option.
Dental implants consist of metal, screwlike posts that are placed using a surgical procedure carried out by your qualified implant dentistry professional near St. Louis, Missouri. These anchors, which are usually from materials like titamium or zirconium oxide that have been found to be safe for dental implants by the FDA, grow into your jaw and then your dentist is able to place the piece where the artificial tooth will attach along with the artificial teeth themselves.
The process of getting dental implants in St. Louis County or anywhere else is not something that can be done in a thirty-minute regular dental check-up appointment. It will likely consist of multiple steps and could take several weeks or even months in total as the jaw and surrounding tissue must be given time to heal in order for the dental implants to perform as intended. The extent of work required to complete your dental implants depends on the state of your oral health and bone health.
Read more about implant dentistry by checking out our FAQs on dental implants.
Should I Get Dental Implants in St. Louis?
Dental implants are a reasonable option for any St. Louis County dental patient seeking a smile makeover and who is healthy enough to undergo the procedure and to properly heal the jaw bone to the anchor of the dental implants. If you are interested in receiving dental implants, your dentist will first want to make sure that you are willing to commit to good oral hygiene — such as brushing and flossing and regular dental examinations and cleanings and polishings — and due to the extent and permanence of the procedure.
You may want to choose dental implants if:
- you are missing multiple teeth, have unhealthy teeth that need to be removed, or are looking for an alternative to other tooth replacements such as dentures, dental bridges, and other forms of artificial teeth.
- you would like to improve your ability to chew or speak, or are self-conscious about your smile
- you are not a smoker
- you have healthy oral tissue
- your jawbone is done growing
- either you have enough bone or are a candidate for a dental bone graft procedure to ensure that the implants are well-anchored
- you don’t have any health conditions that impede your bone’s ability to heal
- you are prepared to see the process through
If you are interested in getting dental implants in St. Louis, Missouri, speak to our St. Louis County dental implant professionals at Plaza Dental Center today.
Benefits of Dental Implants in St. Louis
There is a reason dental implants are so popular among both dentists and dental patients alike in St. Louis County and around the world. Those who commit to the dental implant process enjoy benefits such as:
- Improved speech
- Improved ability to chew and eat
- Improved level of comfort
- Improved visual appearance
- Improved oral health
- Avoid potential jaw bone loss
- Improved self esteem and confidence
Steps for Dental Implants in St. Louis
1. When you initially meet with our team, we’ll go over the various options you have to correct your smile, such as a root canal, sealants, braces, and dental crowns, and explore whether dental implants are your best option. To be a good candidate for dental implants, the dental patient must have sufficient bone in his or her jaw to support the implants.
2. If you’re a good candidate for dental implants, our next step is to perform the surgical procedure to place the titanium anchors into your jaw.
3. The next step in the dental implants process will occur two months later, after the titanium tooth roots have grown in place in the jaw. With the root ready, artfully crafted artificial teeth can be fitted to the root.
Dental Implants vs Dentures – Which Is Better? | Dental Implants St. Louis
Our clients typically prefer dental implants over dentures because:
- Dental implants look natural and are virtually identical to your natural teeth, while dentures have a distinct appearance.
- While traditional dentures need to be removed nightly for cleaning, dental implants are a permanent tooth loss solution that requires no additional maintenance outside of a good oral hygiene routine. The unbeatable durability of dental implants make them virtually permanent with no special professional care.
- Dental implants make chewing, eating, speaking, and other activities easier because dental implants are permanently affixed to the patient’s jaw and will not get loose or shift like traditional dentures.
- Dental implants provide added oral health benefits and supporting and surrounding structure of the teeth by introducing a tight, permanent fit between your jaw and the dental implants, something dentures fail to offer.