Dental Office in St. Louis
Dental Office St. Louis. Are you new to St. Louis, looking for a new dental office, experiencing toothaches or other pain, or just haven’t been to the dentist in years? Plaza Dental Center provides top-quality care to individuals and families in the St. Louis area. We are the dental office that cares about each patient and their individual smiles. Call us today at 314-361-1818 or fill out our online contact form to get the dental care you and your family need.
We form a dentist-patient team with you and your family to maintain your oral hygiene, prevent tooth and gum decay, and treat any dental issues that arise. Our dental office team is native to St. Louis and strives to treat each patient as if the patient was part of their own family. Our service is patient-centered; we want to see you smile so that we can see a job well done.
Dr. Joseph Cutrona and his dental office team are especially interested in treating St. Louis individuals that are apprehensive or nervous about dental treatment, and we go out of our way to make sure every patient is comfortable and relaxed. We provide a wide array of dental services and procedures.
How a Dental Office Can Help You
There are a number of services a St. Louis dental office can provide in order to keep your smile healthy and bright.
Preventative Dental Care
One of the most important aspects of dental care is regular preventative care. Dental offices provide a wide range of services to help maintain your dental health and detect possible red flags of serious disease:
- Regular Checkups. Patients are encouraged to visit their dental office biannually for checkups and cleanings. Your dentist and dental hygienist will clean your teeth and do a full examination on your teeth, gums, tongue, jaw, and neck. They will also look for common issues such as cavities, plague, or other abnormalities. Regular, twice-a-year cleanings will go a long way in making sure any serious issues such as gum disease are caught and treated early.
- X-Rays. Your dentist will usually take X-rays of your mouth whenever you become a new patient. The American Dental Association does not have strict rules about how often X-rays are taken, but typically a dental office will take them every two to five years, depending on your dental health, age, and the dental office’s practices. Children will often be X-rayed every year or two as they are still growing and their teeth are changing rapidly.
- Professional Cleanings. An experienced dental hygienist will clean your teeth, removing any plague or stains, which will help prevent cavities, tooth loss, and gum disease. Regular teeth cleanings at a dental office can also help reduce bad breath and brighten your smile.
- Provide Dental Education. A caring and experienced dentist will also provide instruction for how to best take care of your teeth, including brushing and flossing techniques, special needs like anticavity mouthwash, and sometimes tips for nutrition or smoking cessation.
- Check Your Teeth’s Alignment. Many St. Louis kids, and some adults, need braces and/ or retainers to make sure their teeth are properly aligned to prevent any complications in the future. Your dental office professionals may recommend having your wisdom teeth removed if they are affecting or will affect the alignment of your teeth in the future.
If you need to visit a dental office for corrective or restorative dental services such as resin restoration, fillings, tooth removal, or root canals, it is often because either you or your dentist did not properly engage in preventative care, making preventative care one of the most important services a dental office can offer.
At Plaza Dental center, we love seeing our patients show off a bright, healthy smile. Our dental office offers many cosmetic dentistry services to ensure you smile confidently:
Teeth whitening is one of the most popular services a dental office offers because of how quickly you see results. While there are some at-home products sold to help whiten your teeth, they are typically only 3.5% hydrogen peroxide, if not less. At Plaza Dental Center our bleaching products range from 25% to 40% hydrogen peroxide, offering you a much whiter and much healthier looking smile.
You may have lost teeth because of gum disease, tooth decay, or injury. Whatever the reason, you want natural looking teeth so you can display a full, confident smile. Dental implants are titanium screws that function as artificial, replacement roots that provide a foundation for replacement teeth. These are often the most comfortable and permanent way to replace teeth. A knowledgeable and experienced St. Louis dental office will help you decide if you have sufficient bone in your jaw to support dental implants.
Restorative dentistry involved a variety of procedures that aid in the appearance, comfort, and functionality by fixing chipped, cracked, broken, or decaying teeth. Procedures can include:
- Gum Recontouring
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Bridges
- Tooth Covered Fillings
Whatever cosmetic dentistry you need to give you back your full, healthy smile, the St. Louis dental office at Plaza Dental Center will provide you with the care you need to get you back to confidently flaunting your smile.
Orthodontic dentistry is the process of fixing many different orthodontic problems, such as:
- Misaligned teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Teeth that are too far apart
- Narrow pallets
- Jaw misalignment
In order to fix these issues an orthodontic dental office will implement fixed or removable dental devices, including braces, aligners, spacers, expanders, or retainers.
A number of dental problems can arise that can only be fixed by experienced and trusted dental office dentists and dental hygiene professionals. These can include cavities, abcessed teeth, dry mouth, wisdom teeth extractions or impacted wisdom teeth, oral cancer, gum disease, tooth decay, and temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ). Our St. Louis dental office team at Plaza Dental Center has the knowledge and technological capabilities to diagnose any serious problems and treat you for them.
Plaza Dental’s St. Louis Dental Office
Whatever your dental needs may be, and however big or small, young or old your family is, Plaza Dental is the St. Louis dental office that takes care of your teeth the same way we would take care of our own. Dr. Cutrona and his experienced, compassionate staff will make sure you leave our dental office smiling confidently and proudly. Fill out our online contact form or call as today at 314-361-1818.