Let Plaza Dental Center’s technical expertise and talent make your smile as beautiful as it can be.
Cosmetic Dentistry. All smiles are beautiful. After all, it’s how humans convey a range of positive emotions and how we connect with one another without relying on words. However, sometimes dental conditions, accidents, and other issues that affect the mouth, gums, and teeth can leave some of us feeling compelled to hide our smiles. With cosmetic dentistry, skilled dentists and a wide range of methods and techniques can give you a healthy, beautiful smile that you won’t want to stop showing off.
Are you ready to give yourself the gleaming, healthy smile you deserve? When it comes to cosmetic dentistry, no one has a dental team who understands your needs and has the technical skill and expertise to flawlessly execute any cosmetic dentistry procedure you need like Plaza Dental Center. Our dentists are leaders in cosmetic dentistry and have been trusted by countless patients to restore their smiles to perfection. To learn more about our cosmetic dentistry offerings and how we can help you, call us at 314-361-1818 or fill out our online contact form.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
The practice of cosmetic dentistry is the dental field concerned with improving the appearance of a person’s smile, including the teeth and gums. Using modern techniques and materials, a qualified cosmetic dentist can fashion the perfect smile for every patient.
Cosmetic dentistry is one of several important dental services. As the name states, cosmetic dentistry is concerned with appearances and not necessarily utility. However, the two do not have to be mutually exclusive. That is to say, many cosmetic dentistry procedures actually function to improve your health and comfort in addition to giving you a beautiful smile. When you have a malocclusion (an underbite or overbite), chipped or cracked teeth, or cavities, there are cometic dentistry solutions that address the issue by protecting or correcting the tooth or teeth while completing your smile with natural, nearly undetectable results.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry can work wonders on a person’s smile. With cosmetic dentistry, your dentist can alter the structure and appearance of your teeth and enhance your appearance the way you dream of. But there are other positives that come from cosmetic dental work as well.
- Affordability. Despite common misconceptions, many cosmetic dentistry procedures are reasonably affordable.
- Improved health. Many of the treatments and procedures done for their cosmetic value also impacts overall health. With dental conditions that can escalate to life-threatening issues, these procedures greatly improve your health.
- Self-Esteem. When your natural set of teeth is less than pearly white or a few short of a full set, it can be a huge blow to your self-esteem. When you look better, you feel better. Receiving cosmetic dentistry affords you the confidence you need to go through life with your head held high.
- Quality of Life. Exactly how this manifests will depend on the state of your teeth and which treatments you receive. From improving your biting and chewing abilities to touching up your smile, cosmetic dentistry can improve your quality of life and allow you to enjoy it to the maximum.
- More opportunities. Having a good set of teeth and a healthy smile can open doors. You can come across as more professional, which can lead to better job opportunities. If you are in an industry that particularly places importance on appearance, cosmetic dentistry will help you acheive your goals.
- Options. We offer a wide range of cosmetic dentistry procedures to choose from. Choose the one that works best for you.
- Easy Procedures. Cosmetic dentistry offers stunning results through procedures that are painless and quick. It’s as easy as a simple office visit, after which you can easily go about the rest of your day.
Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments
You should discuss the best cosmetic procedures in your case with your dentist. Some of the most common treatments are explained below.
- Bonding – Dental bonding is a procedure in which a resin, matched in color and texture to a natural tooth, is applied and then bonded, or hardened, with a special light. It can address damaged teeth like those with chips or cracks, protecting them and enhancing the appearance of your smile.
- Cosmetic Bonding – Cosmetic bonding is the same procedure as regular dental bonding, but is done as a cosmetic dentistry procedure. Large cracks, chips, or even natural gaps or unusually shaped or sized teeth. The result is a completely natural-looking, complete, and even smile. The procedure is quick and simple.
- Crowns – A crown is a thin cap molded to fit the affected tooth. Crowns can be used to protect damaged teeth and provide a seamless appearance. Crowns can be made to be non-permanent if necessary.
- Smile Makeover – When you need more than just one or two teeth corrected, a smile makeover is the cosmetic dentistry procedure for you. It is a personalized cosmetic dentistry treatment that uses the necessary combination of cosmetic procedures such as crowns, veneers, implants, and dentures, to treat all the affected areas and give you a beautiful, complete smile. Conditions like periodontal disease or a major trauma to the mouth benefit from full mouth rehab.
- Invisalign – Invisalign is a cosmetic dentistry tool that, like a sort of invisible set of braces, straightens and positions teeth over time through a series of custom-fitted overlays that the patient wears. This is an easy way to correct slightly crooked teeth and mild overbites or underbites.
- Dentures – Partial dentures for those missing a few teeth, and full dentures for patients with no remaining natural teeth are a great solution that will restore the function of your teeth and improve your appearance. Unlike the dentures of the past, modern dentures are durable, realistic appearing porcelain.
- Teeth Whitening – There are a number of different cosmetic dentistry strategies for whitening teeth. You will consult with your dentist to determine which method of whitening is best for you. Professional cosmetic dentistry teeth whitening can typically be done in one to two office visits.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings – When you have a cavity, a filling is necessary. But rather than a traditional gold or silver filling, tooth-colored fillings are, as the name implies, made to match the natural color of your teeth. For small to medium-sized cavities, you can opt for a tooth-colored filling that will be undetectable, restoring your smile.
Cosmetic Dentistry Near Me | Plaza Dental Center
Are you ready to receive cosmetic dentistry services? Plaza Dental Center is the trusted dental office for all dental procedures – general dentistry, implants, and cosmetic dentistry. Whatever brings you to seek cosmetic dental work, whether you have a damaged tooth, periodontal disease, an injury, discoloration over time, or naturally crooked or misshapen teeth, we have the cosmetic dentistry skill and knowledge required to give you the stunning set of teeth you’ve dreamed of. Begin the process today by calling 314-361-1818 or filling out our online contact form.