Pediatric Dentist St. Louis
Pediatric Dentist in St. Louis. Oral hygiene education and proper dental care are important for individuals of all ages, including children. It is important to begin good oral health habits early by finding a good pediatric dentist near St. Louis for your children. Not only do the pediatric dentists of Plaza Dental Center have the training and experience needed to provide quality pediatric dental services to growing children of all ages, but they also know how to interact with young patients and help make their pediatric dentist experience as pleasant as possible.
Schedule an appointment with a pediatric dentist near the St. Louis area that knows how to treat your children. The pediatric dental staff at Plaza Dental Center prioritizes the comfort of our patients and accessibility to great dental services, including that of our young patients receiving pediatric dental care. Schedule an appointment with a Plaza Dental Center pediatric dentist near St. Louis for your children today. Contact us now at 314-361-1818 or fill out this online form.
The Importance of a Pediatric Dentist in St. Louis
A pediatric dentist near St. Louis is an integral player in your child’s development. Your Plaza Dental Center pediatric dentist has worked extensively with pediatric patients ranging in age from infants to adolescents. When it comes to dentistry (and any other health service, for that matter), children are not just small adults. As a parent, you need a good pediatric dentist near the St. Louis area to provide tooth, gum, and overall oral health care designed especially for the growing and developing mouths of children. The CDC estimates that more than half of children ages 6 to 8 have cavities in at least one of their primary teeth. At Plaza Dental, we are firm believers in patient education, and believe that process should start as early as possible. We work with you as a parent to develop good oral health habits for cleaning your kids mouth, and for teaching them how to do it once they’re old enough. Your pediatric dentist should also educate your children on good oral health practices, work with you to help your child develop good habits, and motivate your children to take good care of their teeth throughout their lifetime. Some of what we do for children and families include:
- Making sure their baby teeth are healthy. While the teeth will eventually be replaced, they play an important role in the development of healthy gums, the shape of your child’s face, how clearly they talk, their self-esteem, and in making chewing and eating easier.
- If a tooth is lost unnaturally, such as if it’s knocked out or needs to be removed, the other teeth will attempt to close the gap, which will impact the ability of the permanent tooth to grow in. If that happens we can place a temporary fake tooth to keep your child’s alignment healthy until the permanent tooth grows in.
- Thumb sucking is a natural and healthy behavior for infants. However, if done after the age of 4 it can lead to a range of long-term dental problems. We help parents develop a strategy to ease their child away from thumb sucking.
- Helping you come up with a strategy to teach your child how to brush in a way that’s fun and promotes healthy habits.
- Pulling out a lose tooth that is stubborn and is too painful to pull out at home.
- Helping you and your child develop healthy eating habits to prevent cavities.
- Advising you on the best time to start orthodontic treatment such as braces or a palate expander.
- Helping ease dental anxiety so your child won’t be nervous about getting necessary and recommended dental care in the future.
When to See a Pediatric Dentist in St. Louis
It is never too early to book an appointment for your child with a pediatric dentist near St. Louis, and Plaza Dental Center’s team of pediatric dentists are available to help. Although our first set of teeth as children are not permanent, proper dental care from a young age is critical nonetheless. Infants typically begin seeing their first baby teeth within their first six months of life. The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that children see a pediatric dentist when their first tooth appears, or no later than the child’s first birthday. Once your child reaches the age of 6 or 7, they will slowly begin losing their baby teeth which will then be replaced by their permanent teeth.
Your pediatric dentist is charged with caring for your child’s gum and tooth health to prevent disease and decay that can create lasting dental problems. Pediatric dental caries, such as baby bottle cavities, are a prevalent pediatric health concern, affecting one in five children. In fact, caries are the most prevalent childhood chronic disease in the United States. These oral infections are more common in children than asthma and other common childhood health conditions. Give your children a strong and healthy start to their oral health by scheduling regular appointments with your trusted pediatric dentist.
Pediatric Dentistry Services in St. Louis
A pediatric dentist serves both the child and their parents. The relationship between yourself, your pediatric dentist, and—most importantly—your child is incredibly important. As your pediatric dentist, we are committed to helping your child have a smooth and comfortable introduction to dental office visits. We even have pediatric dental resources like puzzles and coloring pages to help make your child’s introduction to dentistry fun!
As your family’s pediatric dentist, we provide pediatric dental services such as:
- Oral health exams for infants
- Identification of risk factors for pregnant mothers
- Pediatric dental cleaning and preventative care
- Treatment and assessment of orthodontic care and conditions, such as straightening teeth with braces or correcting and overbite
- Diagnosis and treatment of cavities
- Management of gum conditions
- Diagnosis of health conditions related to oral health
- Emergency dental care for oral injuries
Whatever dental care your child needs, your Plaza Dental Center pediatric dentist will address it. Once your child becomes an adult, we can continue to provide them with comfortable, safe, and effective dental care. Plaza Dental Center’s dental team is equipped to provide dental care for the whole family through all stages of life.
Schedule a Visit with Your Pediatric Dentist in St. Louis | Plaza Dental
Introduce your children to quality dental care now by beginning a relationship with a qualified pediatric dentist near the St. Louis area. Plaza Dental Center has a team of dentists and dental hygienists with extensive experience treating and working with young patients of all ages. Your pediatric dentists with Plaza Dental Center is ready to provide your children with the dental care they need. Contact us today at 314-361-1818 or online.