Pediatric Dentist Overland, MO
Pediatric Dentist Overland, MO. It is important for people of all ages—children included—to learn good oral hygiene and receive good dental care. It is important to begin good oral health habits early by finding a good pediatric dentist near Overland, MO for your children. Not only do the Overland, MO pediatric dentists of Plaza Dental Center have the training and experience needed to provide quality pediatric dental services to growing children of all ages, but they also know how to interact with young patients and help make their pediatric dentist experience as pleasant as possible.
Schedule an appointment with a pediatric dentist in the Overland, MO area that knows how to treat your children. The pediatric dental staff at Plaza Dental Center prioritizes the comfort of our patients and accessibility to great dental services, including our that of our young patients receiving pediatric dental care. Schedule an appointment with a Plaza Dental Center pediatric dentist near Overland, MO for your children today. Contact us now at 314-361-1818 or fill out this online form.
The Importance of a Pediatric Dentist in Overland, MO
A pediatric dentist near Overland, MO is an integral player in your child’s development. As a pediatric dentist, your Plaza Dental Center dentist has extensive experience treating and working with patients ranging in age from infants to teenagers. We approach our young patients as developing individuals with unique needs, not just small adults. As a parent, you need to find a Overland, MO area pediatric dentist that can provide tailored tooth, gum, and mouth care for your growing and developing child. The CDC approximates that over 50% of kids ages 6 to 8 have cavities in at least one of their baby teeth. At Plaza Dental, our services include comprehensive patient education, and seek to begin that the first time a parent and child see us. We form a team with you as a parent to encourage good oral health habits that you can learn how to follow and then teach to your child once they’re old enough. Your pediatric dentist should also educate your children on proper oral health practices, act as your partner in helping your child develop healthy habits, and inspire your children to take good care of their teeth throughout their lifetime. Some of what we do for children and families include:
- Making sure their baby teeth are in good shape. Even though the teeth will eventually be replaced, they play an important role in the growth of healthy gums, the shape of your child’s face and their self-esteem.
- If a tooth is lost unnaturally, such as if it is knocked out, the other teeth will attempt to close the gap, which will impact the ability of the permanent tooth to grow in. If that happens we can place a temporary fake tooth to keep your child’s alignment healthy until the permanent tooth lowers.
- Thumb sucking is a great aid for development in infants. However, if done once they’ve reached their 4th birthday it can lead to a range of long-term dental problems. We help parents create a plan of action to get them to stop thumb sucking.
- Helping you create a plan of action to teach your child how to brush in a way that’s fun and nurtures healthy habits.
- Pulling out a lose tooth that is too painful to pull out at home.
- Helping you and your child come up with healthy eating habits that won’t cause decay.
- Advising you on the best time to start orthodontic treatment such as braces or a palate expander.
- Helping soothe dental anxiety so your child won’t be nervous about getting necessary and recommended dental care in the future.
When to See a Pediatric Dentist in Overland, MO
Your child is never too young to see a pediatric dentist near Overland, MO, and Plaza Dental Center’s team of pediatric dentists are here for you. Although our first set of teeth as children are not permanent, proper dental care from a young age is critical nonetheless. Typically developing infants will begin seeing baby teeth within their first six months of life. The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry advises that children see a pediatric dentist when their first tooth comes in. Once your child reaches the age of 6 or 7, they will slowly begin losing their baby teeth which will then be replaced by permanent adult teeth.
Your Overland, MO pediatric dentist is responsible for giving your child dental care to protect their gums and teeth from decay and disease that can create lasting dental problems. Pediatric dental caries, also known as cavities, are a common pediatric health condition, with one in five children affected. In fact, caries are the most common childhood chronic disease in the country. This makes cavities more significant childhood health concerns than common diagnoses like asthma. Booking bi-annual appointments with your family pediatric dentist near Overland, MO gives your children a head start in their oral health.
Pediatric Dentistry Services in Overland, MO
A pediatric dentist serves both the child and their parents. It is important to have a strong working relationship between yourself, your child, and your pediatric dentist. As your pediatric dentist, we are committed to helping your child have a smooth and comfortable introduction to dental office visits. We even have pediatric dental resources like puzzles and coloring pages to help make your child’s introduction to dentistry fun!
We provide your family and others in the Overland, MO area with pediatric dentists and other dental services including:
- Oral health exams for infants
- Risk factor identification for pregnant mothers
- Pediatric dental cleaning and preventative care
- Orthodontic diagnosis and care, including straightening teeth with braces or correcting and overbite
- Cavity diagnosis and treatment
- Management of gum conditions
- Diagnosis of health conditions related to oral health
- Oral injury emergency treatment
The Plaza Dental Center team is here to meet your complete Overland, MO dental care needs.
- Tooth Pain Relief
- Periodontal Treatment
- Composite Fillings
- Tooth Pain
- Gingivitis Treatment
- Dentist Near Me
- Dental Office
- Dental Restoration
Your Plaza Dental Center pediatric dentist is here to serve your complete dental needs in Overland, MO. Once your child becomes an adult, we will continue to perform quality dental care in a comfortable and safe environment. Plaza Dental Center’s dental team has what it takes to meet your dental needs through all stages of life.
See Your Pediatric Dentist in Overland, MO Now
Introduce your children to quality dental care now by beginning a relationship with a Overland, MO area pediatric dentist. Plaza Dental Center has a team of dentists and dental hygienists with extensive experience treating and working with young patients of all ages. Come to Plaza Dental Center now to schedule an appointment with your Overland, MO pediatric dentist. Contact us now at 314-361-1818 or online.