Dental Implants University City
Plaza Dental Center provides University City patients with Incredible Dental Implants
When a tooth is to damaged to be repaired and has to be removed, dental implants are a great choice to enhance any smile. Dental Implants correct unwanted smile defects by providing a new tooth that can add or improve any smile. We are dental implant specialists and we make sure that our University City clients are fully satisfied with their professional implants.
Whether you’ve been considering dental implants for some time, or you’re just looking to improve your smile, our team can help. When our University City clients see their new, improved smiles, they are blown away, and that’s what our team is dedicated to delivering. We can provide you with the incredible smile that you want and desire. To learn more about our dental implant services in University City, or to schedule a service with our team, call 314-361-1818 now!
Dental Implants Dentistry University City
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that serve as anchors for replacement teeth. When a patient is missing one or more teeth, dental implants are the most permanent (and often the most comfortable) solution.
Steps for Dental Implants
1. At your first meeting with our team, we’ll go over the different options you have to correct/enhance your smile and whether dental implants are your best option. To be a good candidate for dental implants, the dental patient must have sufficient bone in his or her jaw to support the implants.
2. If you’re a good candidate for dental implants, we will then move forward with the procedure and surgically implant the titanium screws into your jaw. These screws will serve as the anchors for the dental implants.
3. After two months have passed, the titanium implant will have successfully fused to the jaw. Now that the root is ready, a custom-crafted dental implant can be fit to the root.
Dental Implants vs Dentures – Which is Better?
Our University City clients typically prefer dental implants over dentures for these reasons:
1. Dental implants mirror natural your natural teeth whereas dentures do not.
2. While traditional dentures need to be removed nightly for cleaning, dental implants are a permanent tooth loss solution that require no additional maintenance outside of a good oral hygiene routine.
3. Dental implants also allow patients to feel more comfortable while speaking and eating because dental implants are permanently affixed to the patient’s jaw and won’t shift or slip as with traditional dentures.
Schedule a Dental Implant Appointment in University City Today!
If you are interested in learning more about your tooth replacement options, especially dental implants, contact our University City office at (314) 361-1818 to schedule your restorative dentistry consultation with our Oral Surgeons today.