Dental Implants Central West End
Plaza Dental Center provides Central West End patients with Incredible Dental Implants
When a tooth has to be removed and there isn’t a natural tooth to replace it, this can leave an unpleasant gap in a smile. One of the most commonly requested services at Plaza Dental Center is Dental Implants, which correct these unwanted smile defects. We are dental implant specialists and we make sure that our Central West End clients are fully satisfied with their professional implants.
Whether you’ve been considering dental implants for some time, or you’re just looking to improve your smile, our team can help. We’re proud to provide incredible smiles to our Central West End clients, and nothing is better to our team than when our clients first see their new smiles. We want to give you the smile you need and deserve. To learn more about our dental implant services in Central West End, or to schedule a service with our team, call 314-361-1818 now!
Dental Implants Dentistry Central West End
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that serve as anchors for replacement teeth. When a patient is missing one or more teeth, dental implants are the most permanent (and often the most comfortable) solution.
Steps for Dental Implants
1. At your first meeting with our team, we’ll go over the different options you have to correct/enhance your smile and whether dental implants are your best option. To be a good candidate for dental implants, the dental patient must have sufficient bone in his or her jaw to support the implants.
2. Once it is determined that the patient is a good candidate for dental implants, our Oral Surgeons will surgically implant the titanium screws that serve as anchors into the patient’s jaw.
3. The next step in the dental implants process will occur two months later, after the titanium tooth roots have completely fused to the patient’s jaw bone. Once this has occurred, the patient can return to our Central West End restorative dentistry office where our Oral Surgeons will fit the custom-crafted replacement teeth onto the patient’s artificial tooth roots.
Dental Implants vs Dentures – Which is Better?
Our Central West End clients typically prefer dental implants over dentures for these reasons:
1. Dental implants are nearly indistinguishable from a patient’s natural teeth, unlike dentures which look artificial.
2. While traditional dentures need to be removed nightly for cleaning, dental implants are a permanent tooth loss solution that require no additional maintenance outside of a good oral hygiene routine.
3. Dental implants also allow patients to feel more comfortable while speaking and eating because dental implants are permanently affixed to the patient’s jaw and won’t shift or slip as with traditional dentures.
Schedule a Dental Implant Appointment in Central West End Today!
If you are interested in learning more about your tooth replacement options, especially dental implants, contact our Central West End office at (314) 361-1818 to schedule your restorative dentistry consultation with our Oral Surgeons today.