Dental Implants St. John
Plaza Dental Center provides St. John patients with Incredible Dental Implants
When a tooth is to damaged to be repaired and has to be removed, dental implants are a great choice to enhance any smile. One of the most commonly requested services at Plaza Dental Center is Dental Implants, which correct these unwanted smile defects. Every dental implant we provide to our St. John clients is guaranteed to provide you with an improved, brilliant smile.
Whether you’ve been considering dental implants for some time, or you’re just looking to improve your smile, our team can help. We love it when our clients first see their brand new smile after a dental implant service, and that’s an experience that we want to provide every St. John client who comes into our practice. We can give you the exact smile you are searching for. To learn more about our dental implant services in St. John, or to schedule a service with our team, call 314-361-1818 now!
Dental Implants Dentistry St. John
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that serve as anchors for replacement teeth. When a patient is missing one or more teeth, dental implants are the most permanent (and often the most comfortable) solution.
Steps for Dental Implants
1. At your first meeting with our team, we’ll go over the different options you have to correct/enhance your smile and whether dental implants are your best option. To be a good candidate for dental implants, the dental patient must have sufficient bone in his or her jaw to support the implants.
2. If you’re a good candidate for dental implants, we will then move forward with the procedure and surgically implant the titanium screws into your jaw. These screws will serve as the anchors for the dental implants.
3. The next step in the dental implants process will occur two months later, after the titanium tooth roots have completely fused to the patient’s jaw bone. Once this has occurred, the patient can return to our St. John restorative dentistry office where our Oral Surgeons will fit the custom-crafted replacement teeth onto the patient’s artificial tooth roots.
Dental Implants vs Dentures – Which is Better?
Our St. John clients typically prefer dental implants over dentures for these reasons:
1. Dental implants are nearly indistinguishable from a patient’s natural teeth, unlike dentures which look artificial.
2. While traditional dentures need to be removed nightly for cleaning, dental implants are a permanent tooth loss solution that require no additional maintenance outside of a good oral hygiene routine.
3. Dental implants also allow patients to feel more comfortable while speaking and eating because dental implants are permanently affixed to the patient’s jaw and won’t shift or slip as with traditional dentures.
Schedule a Dental Implant Appointment in St. John Today!
If you are interested in learning more about your tooth replacement options, especially dental implants, contact our St. John office at (314) 361-1818 to schedule your restorative dentistry consultation with our Oral Surgeons today.