Dental Implants Kirkwood
Plaza Dental Center provides Kirkwood patients with Incredible Dental Implants
When a tooth has to be removed and there isn’t a natural tooth to replace it, this can leave an unpleasant gap in a smile. Dental Implants correct unwanted smile defects by providing a new tooth that can add or improve any smile. Every dental implant we provide to our Kirkwood clients is guaranteed to provide you with an improved, brilliant smile.
If you’re interested in dental implants for your smile, we can help you. We love it when our clients first see their brand new smile after a dental implant service, and that’s an experience that we want to provide every Kirkwood client who comes into our practice. We can give you the exact smile you are searching for. To learn more about our dental implant services in Kirkwood, or to schedule a service with our team, call 314-361-1818 now!
Dental Implants Dentistry Kirkwood
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that serve as anchors for replacement teeth. When a patient is missing one or more teeth, dental implants are the most permanent (and often the most comfortable) solution.
Steps for Dental Implants
1. At your first meeting with our team, we’ll go over the different options you have to correct/enhance your smile and whether dental implants are your best option. To be a good candidate for dental implants, the dental patient must have sufficient bone in his or her jaw to support the implants.
2. If you’re a good candidate for dental implants, we will then move forward with the procedure and surgically implant the titanium screws into your jaw. These screws will serve as the anchors for the dental implants.
3. The next step in the dental implants process will occur two months later, after the titanium tooth roots have completely fused to the patient’s jaw bone. Once this has occurred, the patient can return to our Kirkwood restorative dentistry office where our Oral Surgeons will fit the custom-crafted replacement teeth onto the patient’s artificial tooth roots.
Dental Implants vs Dentures – Which is Better?
Our Kirkwood clients typically prefer dental implants over dentures for these reasons:
1. Dental implants mirror natural your natural teeth whereas dentures do not.
2. While traditional dentures need to be removed nightly for cleaning, dental implants are a permanent tooth loss solution that require no additional maintenance outside of a good oral hygiene routine.
3. Dental implants also allow patients to feel more comfortable while speaking and eating because dental implants are permanently affixed to the patient’s jaw and won’t shift or slip as with traditional dentures.
Schedule a Dental Implant Appointment in Kirkwood Today!
If you are interested in learning more about your tooth replacement options, especially dental implants, contact our Kirkwood office at (314) 361-1818 to schedule your restorative dentistry consultation with our Oral Surgeons today.