Emergency Dentistry Brentwood, MO
Emergency dentistry in Brentwood, MO is an important and necessary service. We cannot anticipate emergencies; otherwise, they wouldn’t be emergencies. Outside of our own actions, there is little we can actually control. Unfortunately, emergencies happen to all of us at some point. When the emergency involves a tooth, do you know what to do?
When you are faced with a Brentwood dental emergency, come to Plaza Dental Center. Our staff is qualified to handle any emergency dental procedure you need, and is available to respond to Brentwood, MO dental emergencies after hours. To learn more about emergency dentistry near you or to schedule emergency dentistry services, contact us or call (314) 361-1818.
When You Need Brentwood, MO Emergency Dentistry
You want to know if you need emergency dentistry. You may be unsure whether you need to seek emergency dentistry, visit the ER or urgent care, or take care of it on your own at home. If you don’t know what to do, call your Brentwood, MO dentist right away and consult them on the best course of action.
When thinking about emergency dental situations, the first thing that comes to mind is acute trauma. If you fall and hit your mouth on the stairs and it knocks a couple of teeth out, that is a clear reason to visit your emergency dentist near Brentwood, MO. However, there are many other reasons to seek emergency dental care and it is often something that occurs and worsens over time. Many of the Brentwood emergency dentistry patients we treat come to us because of an ongoing, growing problem that has just become too painful or is no longer manageable.
Common reasons to seak emergency dentistry include:
- A chipped or cracked tooth
- A broken crown
- A tooth that has been knocked out
- Facial swelling
- Bleeding from the mouth
- A missing filling
- A toothache
All of these situations are cause for a visit to your Brentwood emergency dentist right away. Your emergency dentist will replace and repair the tooth if at all possible. In the event that there is no way to restore the tooth, they might have to perform an extraction or otherwise remove the problem. Your emergency dentist’s top priority is to relieve you of pain. Their next priority is helping you keep a healthy smile. You can follow your emergency dental treatment with other dental therapies or cosmetic dentistry. Plaza Dental Center offers many dental services.
- Professional Teeth Whitening
- Root Canal Therapy
- Dental Bonding
- Tooth Extractions
- Dental Bridges
- Teeth Cleaning
- Dental Crowns
What To Do In a Dental Emergency
Experiencing an accident or other sudden emergency can send you into shock or incite panic, making it difficult to think and act clearly. On top of that, dental emergencies very often cause severe pain, which makes it even more difficult to react calmly. You can not always prevent or plan for an emergency, but knowing what to do in the event of a dental emergency is an efficacious way to minimize damage and increase your chances of a successful dental recovery.
When you have a dental emergency, time is of the essence. It’s important to act quickly and follow these steps:
- Call your Brentwood, MO emergency dental provider. They will help you determine if you need emergency dental work or if there is a more appropriate course of action for your situation. Follow their recommendations. Plaza Dental Center can be contacted for emergency dentistry needs outside of our regular hours.
- Handle the tooth carefully. If you’ve lost a tooth or part of a tooth, try to find it and bring it with you. Rinse it in warm water to clean it and avoid touching the root, as you could damage the tissue. Hold the tooth by the crown (the part you use to chew).
- Store the tooth. Rinse your mouth out to remove debris and try to return the tooth in the socket. If you can’t do that, store it in milk to preserve it.
- Treat bleeding. Keep the area elevated. The mouth is generally very effective in preventing bleeding. If you have blood coming from your mouth, keep it elevated above your heart and seek emergency care right away.
- Take an anti-inflammatory. Use NSAIDs like ibuprofen or aspirin to relieve pain and soothe swelling. They are better at treating tooth pain than other pain relief medications.
Emergency Dentist near Brentwood, MO | Plaza Dental Center
If you find yourself with unbearable tooth pain, swelling, or a broken or missing tooth, you need immediate emergency dentistry. Trust Plaza Dental Center for your emergency dental needs. Our expertise and skill in emergency dentistry procedures ensure the best possible outcome for your Brentwood, MO dental emergency.
Speak to us about our emergency dentistry services near Brentwood, MO. If you are currently experiencing a dental emergency, contact us or call our offices at (314) 739-1222 or (573) 764-2425 right away. Let Dr. John Martin help you bring your smile back to optimal health.