Emergency Dentistry St. Louis County, MO
Emergency dentistry in St. Louis County, MO is an important and necessary service. We cannot anticipate emergencies; otherwise, they wouldn’t be emergencies. As much as many of us like to plan, the reality is we have little control over the course of our day. We all encounter accidents and emergencies at one point or another. When the emergency involves a tooth, do you know what to do?
Plaza Dental Center is well-equipped to help you through any St. Louis County dental emergency. We have a staff of skilled and professional personnel who can be reached for St. Louis County, MO dental emergencies after hours. Contact us or call (314) 361-1818 for energency dentistry information or to receive emergency dental work.
When You Need St. Louis County, MO Emergency Dentistry
Do you need emergency dentistry in St. Louis County, MO? Sometimes it’s not clear if someone in your situation needs to seek emergency dentistry, visit the ER or urgent care, or take care of it on your own at home. If you don’t know what to do, call your St. Louis County, MO dentist right away and consult them on the best course of action.
For most of us, the most obvious emergency dental cases are those involving acute facial trauma. If you fall and hit your mouth on the stairs and it knocks a couple of teeth out, that is a clear reason to visit your emergency dentist near St. Louis County, MO. However, there are many other reasons to seek emergency dental care and it is often something that occurs and worsens over time. Many of the St. Louis County emergency dentistry patients we treat come to us because of an ongoing, growing problem that has just become too painful or is no longer manageable.
Common reasons to seak emergency dentistry include:
- A chipped or cracked tooth
- A broken crown
- A tooth that has been knocked out
- Facial swelling
- Bleeding from the mouth
- A missing filling
- A toothache
All of these situations are cause for a visit to your St. Louis County emergency dentist right away. Your emergency dentist will replace and repair the tooth if at all possible. In the event that there is no way to restore the tooth, they might have to perform an extraction or otherwise remove the problem. Your emergency dentist’s top priority is to relieve you of pain. Their next priority is helping you keep a healthy smile. You can follow your emergency dental treatment with other dental therapies or cosmetic dentistry. Plaza Dental Center offers many dental services.
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- Dental Bonding Procedure
- Dentist Office
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dentistry for Children
- Professional Teeth Whitening
- Root Canal Therapy
- Dental Bonding
What To Do In a Dental Emergency
When you’ve been in an accident or have another sudden emergency, it’s natural to feel shock or panic, and you may struggle to act calmly and rationally. Add pain to the equation and it’s even more challenging. You can not always prevent or plan for an emergency, but knowing what to do in the event of a dental emergency will reduce the amount of damage you will sustain and improve your dental prognosis.
When you have a dental emergency, time is of the essence. It’s important to act quickly and follow these steps:
- Call your St. Louis County, MO emergency dental provider. They will help you determine if you need emergency dental work or if there is a more appropriate course of action for your situation. Follow their recommendations. Plaza Dental Center can be contacted for emergency dentistry needs outside of our regular hours.
- Handle the tooth carefully. If your tooth was knocked out or part of a tooth was chipped off, retrieve it if you can. Rinse it in warm water to clean it and avoid touching the root, as you could damage the tissue. Hold the tooth by the crown (the part you use to chew).
- Store the tooth. If a permanent tooth came out, rinse your mouth and try to put the tooth back in its socket. If you can’t do that, store it in milk to preserve it.
- Treat bleeding. Keep the area elevated. The mouth is generally very effective in preventing bleeding. Stay upright to keep the bleeding elevated and seek emergency care right away.
- Take an anti-inflammatory. If you have pain or swelling, an anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen or aspirin will help and is more effective for tooth pain than other pain killers.
Emergency Dentist near St. Louis County, MO | Plaza Dental Center
If you find yourself with unbearable tooth pain, swelling, or a broken or missing tooth, you need immediate emergency dentistry. Trust Plaza Dental Center for your emergency dental needs. Our expertise and skill in emergency dentistry procedures ensure the best possible outcome for your St. Louis County, MO dental emergency.
Speak to us about our emergency dentistry services near St. Louis County, MO. If you are currently experiencing a dental emergency, contact us or call our offices at (314) 739-1222 or (573) 764-2425 right away. Let Dr. John Martin help you bring your smile back to optimal health.