Emergency Dentistry Central West End, MO
Emergency dentistry in Central West End, MO is an important and necessary service. We cannot anticipate emergencies; otherwise, they wouldn’t be emergencies. Outside of our own actions, there is little we can actually control. Unfortunately, emergencies happen to all of us at some point. When the emergency involves a tooth, do you know what to do?
Plaza Dental Center is well-equipped to help you through any Central West End dental emergency. We have a staff of skilled and professional personnel who can be reached for Central West End, MO dental emergencies after hours. Contact us or call (314) 361-1818 for energency dentistry information or to receive emergency dental work.
When You Need Central West End, MO Emergency Dentistry
Do you need emergency dentistry in Central West End, MO? You may be unsure whether you need emergency dental care, other emergency medical services, or if it’s something you can manage from home. If you don’t know what to do, call your Central West End, MO dentist right away and consult them on the best course of action.
For most of us, the most obvious emergency dental cases are those involving acute facial trauma. If you fall and hit your mouth on the stairs and it knocks a couple of teeth out, that is a clear reason to visit your emergency dentist near Central West End, MO. Many other situations are not so obvious, and the emergency doesn’t necessarily have to have an abrupt cause. Many of the Central West End emergency dentistry patients we treat come to us because of an ongoing, growing problem that has just become too painful or is no longer manageable.
We commonly treat emergency dentistry patients for:
- A chipped or cracked tooth
- A broken crown
- A tooth that has been knocked out
- Facial swelling
- Bleeding from the mouth
- A missing filling
- A toothache
All of these situations are cause for a visit to your Central West End emergency dentist right away. Your emergency dentist will replace and repair the tooth if at all possible. In the event that there is no way to restore the tooth, they might have to perform an extraction or otherwise remove the problem. Your emergency dentist’s top priority is to relieve you of pain. Their next priority is helping you keep a healthy smile. You can follow your emergency dental treatment with other dental therapies or cosmetic dentistry. Plaza Dental Center offers many dental services.
- Tooth Pain Relief
- Periodontal Treatment
- Composite Fillings
- Tooth Pain
- Gingivitis Treatment
- Dentist Near Me
- Dental Office
- Pediatric Dentist
- Dental Restoration
What To Do In a Dental Emergency
Experiencing an accident or other sudden emergency can send you into shock or incite panic, making it difficult to think and act clearly. On top of that, dental emergencies very often cause severe pain, which makes it even more difficult to react calmly. You can not always prevent or plan for an emergency, but knowing what to do in the event of a dental emergency is an efficacious way to minimize damage and increase your chances of a successful dental recovery.
When you have a dental emergency, time is of the essence. It’s important to act quickly and follow these steps:
- Call your Central West End, MO emergency dental provider. They will help you determine if you need emergency dental work or if there is a more appropriate course of action for your situation. Follow their recommendations. You can reach Plaza Dental Center for emergency dentistry needs beyond our typical office hours.
- Handle the tooth carefully. If your tooth was knocked out or part of a tooth was chipped off, retrieve it if you can. Rinse it in warm water to clean it and avoid touching the root, as you could damage the tissue. Hold the tooth by the crown (the part you use to chew).
- Store the tooth. If a permanent tooth came out, rinse your mouth and try to put the tooth back in its socket. For a tooth that won’t fit or stay in the socket, store it in milk to preserve it.
- Treat bleeding. Keep the area elevated. The mouth is generally very effective in preventing bleeding. Stay upright to keep the bleeding elevated and seek emergency care right away.
- Take an anti-inflammatory. Use NSAIDs like ibuprofen or aspirin to relieve pain and soothe swelling. They are better at treating tooth pain than other pain relief medications.
Emergency Dentist near Central West End, MO | Plaza Dental Center
If you find yourself with unbearable tooth pain, swelling, or a broken or missing tooth, you need immediate emergency dentistry. Trust Plaza Dental Center for your emergency dental needs. Our expertise and skill in emergency dentistry procedures ensure the best possible outcome for your Central West End, MO dental emergency.
Speak to us about our emergency dentistry services near Central West End, MO. If you are currently experiencing a dental emergency, contact us or call our offices at (314) 739-1222 or (573) 764-2425 right away. Let Dr. John Martin help you bring your smile back to optimal health.