Emergency Dentistry Dellwood, MO
Emergency dentistry in Dellwood, MO is an important and necessary service. We cannot anticipate emergencies; otherwise, they wouldn’t be emergencies. Outside of our own actions, there is little we can actually control. We all encounter accidents and emergencies at one point or another. What do you do in the event of a tooth or mouth emergency?
Plaza Dental Center is well-equipped to help you through any Dellwood dental emergency. We have a staff of skilled and professional personnel who can be reached for Dellwood, MO dental emergencies after hours. To learn more about emergency dentistry near you or to schedule emergency dentistry services, contact us or call (314) 361-1818.
When You Need Dellwood, MO Emergency Dentistry
You want to know if you need emergency dentistry. You may be unsure whether you need to seek emergency dentistry, visit the ER or urgent care, or take care of it on your own at home. If you don’t know what to do, call your Dellwood, MO dentist right away and consult them on the best course of action.
For most of us, the most obvious emergency dental cases are those involving acute facial trauma. If you fall and hit your mouth on the stairs and it knocks a couple of teeth out, that is a clear reason to visit your emergency dentist near Dellwood, MO. However, there are many other reasons to seek emergency dental care and it is often something that occurs and worsens over time. Many of the Dellwood emergency dentistry patients we treat come to us because of an ongoing, growing problem that has just become too painful or is no longer manageable.
Common reasons to seak emergency dentistry include:
- A chipped or cracked tooth
- A broken crown
- A tooth that has been knocked out
- Facial swelling
- Bleeding from the mouth
- A missing filling
- A toothache
If any of the above conditions are true for you, you need to visit your Dellwood emergency dentist as soon as possible. Your emergency dentist will replace and repair the tooth if at all possible. In the event that there is no way to restore the tooth, they might have to perform an extraction or otherwise remove the problem. Your emergency dentist’s top priority is to relieve you of pain. Their next priority is helping you keep a healthy smile. You can follow your emergency dental treatment with other dental therapies or cosmetic dentistry. Plaza Dental Center offers many dental services.
- Tooth Pain Relief
- Periodontal Treatment
- Composite Fillings
- Tooth Pain
- Gingivitis Treatment
- Dentist Near Me
- Dental Office
- Pediatric Dentist
- Dental Restoration
What To Do In a Dental Emergency
Experiencing an accident or other sudden emergency can send you into shock or incite panic, making it difficult to think and act clearly. Add pain to the equation and it’s even more challenging. You can not always prevent or plan for an emergency, but knowing what to do in the event of a dental emergency will reduce the amount of damage you will sustain and improve your dental prognosis.
When you have a dental emergency, time is of the essence. It’s important to act quickly and follow these steps:
- Call your Dellwood, MO emergency dental provider. Your dentist is an expert on these things and will know what to do for someone in your exact siutation. Follow their recommendations. Plaza Dental Center can be contacted for emergency dentistry needs outside of our regular hours.
- Handle the tooth carefully. If your tooth was knocked out or part of a tooth was chipped off, retrieve it if you can. Rinse it in warm water to clean it and avoid touching the root, as you could damage the tissue. Hold the tooth by the crown (the part you use to chew).
- Store the tooth. Rinse your mouth out to remove debris and try to return the tooth in the socket. For a tooth that won’t fit or stay in the socket, store it in milk to preserve it.
- Treat bleeding. Keep the area elevated. Bleeding from the mouth is an emergency, as it is usually very effective at stopping bleeding. If you have blood coming from your mouth, keep it elevated above your heart and seek emergency care right away.
- Take an anti-inflammatory. Use NSAIDs like ibuprofen or aspirin to relieve pain and soothe swelling. They are better at treating tooth pain than other pain relief medications.
Emergency Dentist near Dellwood, MO | Plaza Dental Center
If you find yourself with unbearable tooth pain, swelling, or a broken or missing tooth, you need immediate emergency dentistry. Trust Plaza Dental Center for your emergency dental needs. Our expertise and skill in emergency dentistry procedures ensure the best possible outcome for your Dellwood, MO dental emergency.
Speak to us about our emergency dentistry services near Dellwood, MO. If you are currently experiencing a dental emergency, contact us or call our offices at (314) 739-1222 or (573) 764-2425 right away. Let Dr. John Martin help you bring your smile back to optimal health.