Emergency Dentistry Ferguson, MO
Emergency dentistry in Ferguson, MO is an important and necessary service. We cannot anticipate emergencies; otherwise, they wouldn’t be emergencies. As much as many of us like to plan, the reality is we have little control over the course of our day. We all encounter accidents and emergencies at one point or another. When the emergency involves a tooth, do you know what to do?
When you are faced with a Ferguson dental emergency, come to Plaza Dental Center. Our staff is qualified to handle any emergency dental procedure you need, and is available to respond to Ferguson, MO dental emergencies after hours. Contact us or call (314) 361-1818 for energency dentistry information or to receive emergency dental work.
When You Need Ferguson, MO Emergency Dentistry
You want to know if you need emergency dentistry. Sometimes it’s not clear if someone in your situation needs to seek emergency dentistry, visit the ER or urgent care, or take care of it on your own at home. If you don’t know what to do, call your Ferguson, MO dentist right away and consult them on the best course of action.
When thinking about emergency dental situations, the first thing that comes to mind is acute trauma. If you fall and hit your mouth on the stairs and it knocks a couple of teeth out, that is a clear reason to visit your emergency dentist near Ferguson, MO. Many other situations are not so obvious, and the emergency doesn’t necessarily have to have an abrupt cause. Many of the Ferguson emergency dentistry patients we treat come to us because of an ongoing, growing problem that has just become too painful or is no longer manageable.
We commonly treat emergency dentistry patients for:
- A chipped or cracked tooth
- A broken crown
- A tooth that has been knocked out
- Facial swelling
- Bleeding from the mouth
- A missing filling
- A toothache
All of these situations are cause for a visit to your Ferguson emergency dentist right away. If it’s possible, they will fix the tooth and put it back in place. Sometimes this is not possible, and extraction or other procedures may be necessary. Your emergency dentist’s top priority is to relieve you of pain. Their next priority is helping you keep a healthy smile. You can follow your emergency dental treatment with other dental therapies or cosmetic dentistry. Plaza Dental Center offers many dental services.
- Professional Teeth Whitening
- Root Canal Therapy
- Dental Bonding
- Tooth Extractions
- Dental Bridges
- Teeth Cleaning
- Dental Crowns
What To Do In a Dental Emergency
Experiencing an accident or other sudden emergency can send you into shock or incite panic, making it difficult to think and act clearly. Add pain to the equation and it’s even more challenging. You can not always prevent or plan for an emergency, but knowing what to do in the event of a dental emergency is an efficacious way to minimize damage and increase your chances of a successful dental recovery.
When you have a dental emergency, time is of the essence. It’s important to act quickly and follow these steps:
- Call your Ferguson, MO emergency dental provider. They will help you determine if you need emergency dental work or if there is a more appropriate course of action for your situation. Follow their recommendations. You can reach Plaza Dental Center for emergency dentistry needs beyond our typical office hours.
- Handle the tooth carefully. If your tooth was knocked out or part of a tooth was chipped off, retrieve it if you can. Rinse it in warm water to clean it and avoid touching the root, as you could damage the tissue. Hold the tooth by the crown (the part you use to chew).
- Store the tooth. Rinse your mouth out to remove debris and try to return the tooth in the socket. For a tooth that won’t fit or stay in the socket, store it in milk to preserve it.
- Treat bleeding. Keep the area elevated. Bleeding from the mouth is an emergency, as it is usually very effective at stopping bleeding. Stay upright to keep the bleeding elevated and seek emergency care right away.
- Take an anti-inflammatory. If you have pain or swelling, an anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen or aspirin will help and is more effective for tooth pain than other pain killers.
Emergency Dentist near Ferguson, MO | Plaza Dental Center
If you find yourself with unbearable tooth pain, swelling, or a broken or missing tooth, you need immediate emergency dentistry. With Dr. Cutrona, you are in good hands. His expertise and skill in emergency dentistry procedures ensure the best possible outcome for your Ferguson, MO dental emergency.
Speak to us about our emergency dentistry services near Ferguson, MO. If you are currently experiencing a dental emergency, contact us or call our offices at (314) 739-1222 or (573) 764-2425 right away. Let Dr. John Martin help you bring your smile back to optimal health.