Emergency Dentistry Riverview Gardens, MO
Emergency dentistry in Riverview Gardens, MO is an important and necessary service. We cannot anticipate emergencies; otherwise, they wouldn’t be emergencies. As much as many of us like to plan, the reality is we have little control over the course of our day. Unfortunately, emergencies happen to all of us at some point. What do you do in the event of a tooth or mouth emergency?
Plaza Dental Center is well-equipped to help you through any Riverview Gardens dental emergency. Our staff is qualified to handle any emergency dental procedure you need, and is available to respond to Riverview Gardens, MO dental emergencies after hours. To learn more about emergency dentistry near you or to schedule emergency dentistry services, contact us or call (314) 361-1818.
When You Need Riverview Gardens, MO Emergency Dentistry
Do you need emergency dentistry in Riverview Gardens, MO? Sometimes it’s not clear if someone in your situation needs to seek emergency dentistry, visit the ER or urgent care, or take care of it on your own at home. If you don’t know what to do, call your Riverview Gardens, MO dentist right away and consult them on the best course of action.
For most of us, the most obvious emergency dental cases are those involving acute facial trauma. If you fall and hit your mouth on the stairs and it knocks a couple of teeth out, that is a clear reason to visit your emergency dentist near Riverview Gardens, MO. Many other situations are not so obvious, and the emergency doesn’t necessarily have to have an abrupt cause. Many of the Riverview Gardens emergency dentistry patients we treat come to us because of an ongoing, growing problem that has just become too painful or is no longer manageable.
We commonly treat emergency dentistry patients for:
- A chipped or cracked tooth
- A broken crown
- A tooth that has been knocked out
- Facial swelling
- Bleeding from the mouth
- A missing filling
- A toothache
All of these situations are cause for a visit to your Riverview Gardens emergency dentist right away. If it’s possible, they will fix the tooth and put it back in place. In the event that there is no way to restore the tooth, extraction or other procedures may be necessary. Your emergency dentist’s top priority is to relieve you of pain. Their next priority is helping you keep a healthy smile. You can follow your emergency dental treatment with other dental therapies or cosmetic dentistry. Plaza Dental Center offers many dental services.
- Professional Teeth Whitening
- Root Canal Therapy
- Dental Bonding
- Tooth Extractions
- Dental Bridges
- Teeth Cleaning
- Dental Crowns
What To Do In a Dental Emergency
When you’ve been in an accident or have another sudden emergency, it’s natural to feel shock or panic, and you may struggle to act calmly and rationally. On top of that, dental emergencies very often cause severe pain, which makes it even more difficult to react calmly. You can not always prevent or plan for an emergency, but knowing what to do in the event of a dental emergency will reduce the amount of damage you will sustain and improve your dental prognosis.
When you have a dental emergency, time is of the essence. It’s important to act quickly and follow these steps:
- Call your Riverview Gardens, MO emergency dental provider. They will help you determine if you need emergency dental work or if there is a more appropriate course of action for your situation. Follow their recommendations. Plaza Dental Center can be contacted for emergency dentistry needs outside of our regular hours.
- Handle the tooth carefully. If you’ve lost a tooth or part of a tooth, try to find it and bring it with you. Rinse it in warm water to clean it and avoid touching the root, as you could damage the tissue. Hold the tooth by the crown (the part you use to chew).
- Store the tooth. Rinse your mouth out to remove debris and try to return the tooth in the socket. If you can’t do that, store it in milk to preserve it.
- Treat bleeding. Keep the area elevated. Bleeding from the mouth is an emergency, as it is usually very effective at stopping bleeding. If you have blood coming from your mouth, keep it elevated above your heart and seek emergency care right away.
- Take an anti-inflammatory. Use NSAIDs like ibuprofen or aspirin to relieve pain and soothe swelling. They are better at treating tooth pain than other pain relief medications.
Emergency Dentist near Riverview Gardens, MO | Plaza Dental Center
If you find yourself with unbearable tooth pain, swelling, or a broken or missing tooth, you need immediate emergency dentistry. With Dr. Cutrona, you are in good hands. His expertise and skill in emergency dentistry procedures ensure the best possible outcome for your Riverview Gardens, MO dental emergency.
Speak to us about our emergency dentistry services near Riverview Gardens, MO. If you are currently experiencing a dental emergency, contact us or call our offices at (314) 739-1222 or (573) 764-2425 right away. Let Dr. John Martin help you bring your smile back to optimal health.