Emergency Dentistry Sunset Hills, MO
Emergency dentistry in Sunset Hills, MO is an important and necessary service. We cannot anticipate emergencies; otherwise, they wouldn’t be emergencies. Outside of our own actions, there is little we can actually control. Unfortunately, emergencies happen to all of us at some point. When the emergency involves a tooth, do you know what to do?
When you are faced with a Sunset Hills dental emergency, come to Plaza Dental Center. We have a staff of skilled and professional personnel who can be reached for Sunset Hills, MO dental emergencies after hours. Contact us or call (314) 361-1818 for energency dentistry information or to receive emergency dental work.
When You Need Sunset Hills, MO Emergency Dentistry
You want to know if you need emergency dentistry. Sometimes it’s not clear if someone in your situation needs to seek emergency dentistry, visit the ER or urgent care, or take care of it on your own at home. If you don’t know what to do, call your Sunset Hills, MO dentist right away and consult them on the best course of action.
For most of us, the most obvious emergency dental cases are those involving acute facial trauma. If you fall and hit your mouth on the stairs and it knocks a couple of teeth out, that is a clear reason to visit your emergency dentist near Sunset Hills, MO. Many other situations are not so obvious, and the emergency doesn’t necessarily have to have an abrupt cause. Many of the Sunset Hills emergency dentistry patients we treat come to us because of an ongoing, growing problem that has just become too painful or is no longer manageable.
Common reasons to seak emergency dentistry include:
- A chipped or cracked tooth
- A broken crown
- A tooth that has been knocked out
- Facial swelling
- Bleeding from the mouth
- A missing filling
- A toothache
If any of the above conditions are true for you, you need to visit your Sunset Hills emergency dentist as soon as possible. Your emergency dentist will replace and repair the tooth if at all possible. Sometimes this is not possible, and extraction or other procedures may be necessary. Your emergency dentist’s top priority is to relieve you of pain. Their next priority is helping you keep a healthy smile. You can follow your emergency dental treatment with other dental therapies or cosmetic dentistry. Plaza Dental Center offers many dental services.
- Professional Teeth Whitening
- Root Canal Therapy
- Dental Bonding
- Tooth Extractions
- Dental Bridges
- Teeth Cleaning
- Dental Crowns
What To Do In a Dental Emergency
When you’ve been in an accident or have another sudden emergency, it’s natural to feel shock or panic, and you may struggle to act calmly and rationally. On top of that, dental emergencies very often cause severe pain, which makes it even more difficult to react calmly. You can not always prevent or plan for an emergency, but knowing what to do in the event of a dental emergency will reduce the amount of damage you will sustain and improve your dental prognosis.
When you have a dental emergency, time is of the essence. It’s important to act quickly and follow these steps:
- Call your Sunset Hills, MO emergency dental provider. Your dentist is an expert on these things and will know what to do for someone in your exact siutation. Follow their recommendations. You can reach Plaza Dental Center for emergency dentistry needs beyond our typical office hours.
- Handle the tooth carefully. If you’ve lost a tooth or part of a tooth, try to find it and bring it with you. Rinse it in warm water to clean it and avoid touching the root, as you could damage the tissue. Hold the tooth by the crown (the part you use to chew).
- Store the tooth. If a permanent tooth came out, rinse your mouth and try to put the tooth back in its socket. For a tooth that won’t fit or stay in the socket, store it in milk to preserve it.
- Treat bleeding. Keep the area elevated. Bleeding from the mouth is an emergency, as it is usually very effective at stopping bleeding. If you have blood coming from your mouth, keep it elevated above your heart and seek emergency care right away.
- Take an anti-inflammatory. If you have pain or swelling, an anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen or aspirin will help and is more effective for tooth pain than other pain killers.
Emergency Dentist near Sunset Hills, MO | Plaza Dental Center
If you find yourself with unbearable tooth pain, swelling, or a broken or missing tooth, you need immediate emergency dentistry. Trust Plaza Dental Center for your emergency dental needs. Our expertise and skill in emergency dentistry procedures ensure the best possible outcome for your Sunset Hills, MO dental emergency.
Speak to us about our emergency dentistry services near Sunset Hills, MO. If you are currently experiencing a dental emergency, contact us or call our offices at (314) 739-1222 or (573) 764-2425 right away. Let Dr. John Martin help you bring your smile back to optimal health.