Emergency Dentistry Crestwood, MO
Emergency dentistry in Crestwood, MO is an important and necessary service. We cannot anticipate emergencies; otherwise, they wouldn’t be emergencies. As much as many of us like to plan, the reality is we have little control over the course of our day. Unfortunately, emergencies happen to all of us at some point. When the emergency involves a tooth, do you know what to do?
Plaza Dental Center is well-equipped to help you through any Crestwood dental emergency. Our staff is qualified to handle any emergency dental procedure you need, and is available to respond to Crestwood, MO dental emergencies after hours. Contact us or call (314) 361-1818 for energency dentistry information or to receive emergency dental work.
When You Need Crestwood, MO Emergency Dentistry
You want to know if you need emergency dentistry. You may be unsure whether you need to seek emergency dentistry, visit the ER or urgent care, or take care of it on your own at home. If you don’t know what to do, call your Crestwood, MO dentist right away and consult them on the best course of action.
For most of us, the most obvious emergency dental cases are those involving acute facial trauma. If you fall and hit your mouth on the stairs and it knocks a couple of teeth out, that is a clear reason to visit your emergency dentist near Crestwood, MO. Many other situations are not so obvious, and the emergency doesn’t necessarily have to have an abrupt cause. Many of the Crestwood emergency dentistry patients we treat come to us because of an ongoing, growing problem that has just become too painful or is no longer manageable.
Common reasons to seak emergency dentistry include:
- A chipped or cracked tooth
- A broken crown
- A tooth that has been knocked out
- Facial swelling
- Bleeding from the mouth
- A missing filling
- A toothache
If any of the above conditions are true for you, you need to visit your Crestwood emergency dentist as soon as possible. If it’s possible, they will fix the tooth and put it back in place. In the event that there is no way to restore the tooth, they might have to perform an extraction or otherwise remove the problem. Your emergency dentist’s top priority is to relieve you of pain. Their next priority is helping you keep a healthy smile. You can follow your emergency dental treatment with other dental therapies or cosmetic dentistry. Plaza Dental Center offers many dental services.
- Tooth Fillings
- Family Dentistry
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- Dental Bonding Procedure
- Dentist Office
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dentistry for Children
- Professional Teeth Whitening
What To Do In a Dental Emergency
When you’ve been in an accident or have another sudden emergency, it’s natural to feel shock or panic, and you may struggle to act calmly and rationally. Add pain to the equation and it’s even more challenging. You can not always prevent or plan for an emergency, but knowing what to do in the event of a dental emergency is an efficacious way to minimize damage and increase your chances of a successful dental recovery.
When you have a dental emergency, time is of the essence. It’s important to act quickly and follow these steps:
- Call your Crestwood, MO emergency dental provider. Your dentist is an expert on these things and will know what to do for someone in your exact siutation. Follow their recommendations. Plaza Dental Center can be contacted for emergency dentistry needs outside of our regular hours.
- Handle the tooth carefully. If your tooth was knocked out or part of a tooth was chipped off, retrieve it if you can. Rinse it in warm water to clean it and avoid touching the root, as you could damage the tissue. Hold the tooth by the crown (the part you use to chew).
- Store the tooth. If a permanent tooth came out, rinse your mouth and try to put the tooth back in its socket. If you can’t do that, store it in milk to preserve it.
- Treat bleeding. Keep the area elevated. The mouth is generally very effective in preventing bleeding. If you have blood coming from your mouth, keep it elevated above your heart and seek emergency care right away.
- Take an anti-inflammatory. If you have pain or swelling, an anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen or aspirin will help and is more effective for tooth pain than other pain killers.
Emergency Dentist near Crestwood, MO | Plaza Dental Center
If you find yourself with unbearable tooth pain, swelling, or a broken or missing tooth, you need immediate emergency dentistry. With Dr. Cutrona, you are in good hands. His expertise and skill in emergency dentistry procedures ensure the best possible outcome for your Crestwood, MO dental emergency.
Speak to us about our emergency dentistry services near Crestwood, MO. If you are currently experiencing a dental emergency, contact us or call our offices at (314) 739-1222 or (573) 764-2425 right away. Let Dr. John Martin help you bring your smile back to optimal health.