Quality Glendale, MO dental care to stop your toothache at its source
Toothache Glendale, MO: it is a commonly occurring dental complaint that we all dread and fear. Fortunately, the Glendale, MO dental profession has come a long way in the treatment and diagnosis of toothaches from the classic bandage wrapped around a swollen face. Dental care is important, and you should be able to seek to receive treatment in a comfortable environment with a skilled dentist you can count on.
When you need relief from your toothache in Glendale, MO, Plaza Dental Center has the skills and solutions to give you relief. As leaders among dental providers in the Glendale, MO area, we provide excellent dental services that are effective against dental ailments like toothaches for patients of all ages throughout the Greater Glendale, MO region. Learn more on the dental care we provide in the Glendale, MO area or schedule an appointment to address your toothache today by calling us at 314-361-1818 or requesting an appointment online.
A toothache is a painful experience, but exactly what that pain feels like can vary–as well as the accompanying symptoms–and are based on the origin of the toothache. When you have a toothache in Glendale, MO, you may experience the following:
- Pain – throbbing, sharp, stabbing, dull, or aching pain that can be constant, intermittent, or only when you bite or eat
- Tingling sensation
- Swelling of the gums around the tooth
- Redness around the affected area
- Pus or drainage near the infected tooth
- A bad taste or smell coming from the tooth
Glendale, MO Causes of Toothache
Many different conditions and occurrences can cause a toothache. Our teeth are filled with soft tissue on the inside, filled with a bundle of nerves and blood vessels. These particular nerves are extraordinarily sensitive, so any amount of inflammation or irritation can produce excruciating toothache pain.
- Cavities and damaged fillings – When cavities first form, they are very small and barely visible. However, when cavities are unaddressed, they can cause a toothache as the cavity continues to grow. Over many years, fillings placed over cavities have the potential to crack or move out of place, leaving the cavitiy again exposed and at risk of developing a toothache.
- Cracked and chipped teeth – Trauma that occurs when playing sports or getting in some kind of accident can cause a tooth to break, chip, or crack. The broken tooth leaves the sensitive inner tissue exposed, leading to a toothache in Glendale, MO.
- Dental abscess – An abscess is an infection that starts in the root of the tooth and can develop to affect the jaw, gums, and mouth around it. An abscess-related toothache typically brings along symptoms like swelling, heat, pus, or even a fever. Abscesses often form due to untreated tooth decay
- Bruxism – Bruxism refers to grinding or clenching of the teeth. Often people with bruxism aren’t consciously aware of their grinding habit and many do it at night or when stressed. Habitual grinding can irritate the nerves in the tooth and causes a toothache.
- Tooth roots that are exposed – When gum disease is severe enough, the gums can recede to such a degree that tooth roots may become exposed. The exposed roots are sensitive and lead to a Glendale, MO toothache.
- Wisdom teeth – If not removed in time, wisdom teeth can become impacted. This puts pressure on other teeth and can manifest as a toothache with pain affecting multiple teeth depending on how the teeth are oriented and affected.
A toothache isn’t always a strictly dental condition. You may experience a toothache without any of the above dental problems. Instead, you may have a toothache that comes from something like a sinus infection that creates pressure in the upper back part of your mouth, certain types of headaches, diabetes, and other conditions. In those cases, it is best to first receive medical attention for the underlying condition.
Toothache Treatments Glendale, MO
The best method for warding off a toothache is to practice proper oral health and safety during potentially dangerous settings such as playing sports. Unfotunately, though, a toothache can form even in those of us to consistently brush, floss, and take care of our teeth as directed. While sometimes a toothache can be resolved without professional care, there are several effective treatments your Glendale, MO dentist can provide that can effectively address your toothache pain.
Fillings and Crowns. When a cavity or damaged filling is the source of your toothache pain, your Glendale, MO dentist may recommend a new tooth filling or a crown, which caps the top of the tooth. Both contain a toothache by protecting the sensitive nerves from contact with air, saliva, and food.
Scaling and Planing. A toothache related to gum disease or exposed roots can be addressed with tooth scaling and root planing. When plaque builds up and hardens over time, turning into tartar, the roots and other parts of the tooth become a bacterial breeding ground. This often leads to infection and tooth decay. Together, scaling and planing are a deep cleaning method that can prevent and address gum disease-related toothache pain.
Root Canal. A toothache caused by an abscessed tooth can be treated by your Plaza Dental Center dentist with a root canal procedure. During a root canal, the infected soft tissue inside the tooth is removed. This is accomplished by drilling a very small hole in the top of the tooth and using it as an access point to remove all of the infected tissue throughout the tooth. With a root canal, you are able to keep the cosmetic appearance of a healthy tooth while removing the infection and preventing it from spreading to your gums, jaws, and bloodstream.
Extractions. If your affected tooth is significantly damaged to the point that it cannot be restored, an extraction may be the toothache remedy for you. This Glendale, MO toothache treatment is also a way to relieve toothaches and other issues related to impacted wisdom teeth. Some extractions are brief and simple procedures that require nothing more than a local anesthetic, while others are more involved procedures that require complete oral surgery. Your Plaza Dental Center Glendale, MO toothache treatment team is qualified to provide the extraction you need, whether it is for a tooth that is beyond repair or a wisdom tooth that has no room to grow.
Other Toothache Remedies. Your Glendale, MO toothache dentist might suggest additional toothache remedies. For example, an infected tooth may be treated by taking antibiotics. A mouth guard can help when the toothache is caused by grinding or an injury. By following the treatment advice of your dentist for removing wisdom teeth, you may be able to avoid potential toothaches.
Plaza Dental Center is ready to provide any general, restorative, or cosmetic dental care you need, such as:
- Dental Emergency
- Gum Contouring
- Broken Tooth Repair
- Tooth Pain Relief
- Periodontal Treatment
- Composite Fillings
- Tooth Pain
- Gingivitis Treatment
- Dentist Near Me
Dental Care for Your Toothache Glendale, MO | Plaza Dental Center
The key to successful dental care for your toothache in Glendale, MO is dental treatment for your toothache in Glendale, MO begins by} determining the source of your pain and discomfort. Plaza Dental Centers talented Glendale, MO team of dental care professionals offers families across the Glendale, MO area access to skilled dental services, including treatments for toothache pain. Relief from toothache pain is possible with the proper dental care. When you experience a toothache that causes you pain you can’t ignore, contact us as soon as possible by calling 314-361-1818 or requesting an appointment online right away.