Access professional dental care that treats your toothache at the source
Toothache Glasgow Village, MO: it is a commonly occurring dental plight that we all dread and fear. Fortunately, Glasgow Village, MO dentistry has made significant advances in the treatment and diagnosis of toothaches from the classic bandage wrapped around a swollen face. Just as with any other dental care you receive in Glasgow Village, MO, it is important that you put your toothache treatment in the hands of a dentist you can trust from a practice where you feel comfortable.
When you need relief from your toothache in Glasgow Village, MO, Plaza Dental Center can provide the toothache pain relief you desire. As leaders among dental professionals in the Glasgow Village, MO area, we provide excellent dental services that work to target toothaches and all manners of other dental problems for all dental patients in the Greater Glasgow Village, MO area. Get more information on the dental care we provide in the Glasgow Village, MO area or book your first appointment and get relief from your toothache today by calling us at 314-361-1818 or requesting an appointment online.
A toothache is a painful experience, but the quality and type of pain can vary–as well as the other symptoms–and are based on the origin of the toothache. Developing a toothache in Glasgow Village, MO can cause various sensations, such as:
- Pain – either constant, recurring, or eating-related pain characterizes as throbbing, stabbing, sharp, dull, or aching
- Tingling sensation
- Swollen gums around the tooth
- Red appearance in the affected area
- Pus or drainage from the infected tooth
- A bad taste or smell coming from the tooth
Glasgow Village, MO Causes of Toothache
A toothache can have various causes. Our teeth are filled with soft tissue on the inside, filled with nerves and blood vessels. These particular nerves are extraordinarily sensitive, so you can expect to experience significant toothache pain any time those nerves are irritated or inflamed.
- Cavities and damaged fillings – When cavities first form, they are minute–barely visible or detectable. However, when cavities are untreated, they can progress and grow, leading to a toothache. Over many years, fillings placed over cavities can break or shift out of place, leaving the cavitiy again exposed and at risk of developing a toothache.
- Chipped and cracked teeth – When force of an object during sports or other types of accidents can cause a tooth to break, chip, or crack. This can expose the sensitive part of the tooth and lead to a toothache in Glasgow Village, MO.
- Dental abscess – An abscess is an infection that starts in the root of the tooth and can spread to the jaw, gums, and mouth around it. An abscess-related toothache is often accompanied by swelling, heat, pus, or even a fever. Abscesses often form due to tooth decay that is left untreated
- Bruxism – Bruxism refers to grinding or clenching of the teeth. Some people unknowingly grind their teeth at night or when stressed. Repetitive grinding can turn into a toothache.
- Exposed tooth roots – Severe gum disease can cause gums to recede so much that it leaves tooth roots exposed. With no protection from the gums, the sensitive roots lead to a Glasgow Village, MO toothache.
- Wisdom teeth – Many of us must have our wisdom teeth removed because of the risk of impaction. This puts pressure on other teeth and can manifest as a toothache with pain affecting multiple teeth based on their location and orientation.
A toothache isn’t always a strictly dental issue. You may experience toothache symptoms without any of the above dental problems. Instead, your toothache could be caused by a sinus infection putting pressure in the upper back part of your mouth, some types of headaches, diabetes, and other conditions. In those cases, it is best to first receive medical attention for the underlying condition.
Toothache Treatments Glasgow Village, MO
The best method for warding off a toothache is to practice proper oral health and safety during potentially dangerous settings such as playing sports. However, a toothache can form even in those of us to consistently brush, floss, and take care of our teeth as directed. Though certain toothache causes may not require treatment by a dental professional, your Glasgow Village, MO dentist at Plaza Dental Center can perform several treatments that can effectively address your toothache pain.
Fillings and Crowns. For a toothache caused by a growing new cavity or a broken filling, your Glasgow Village, MO dentist can address the issue with a new tooth filling or a crown, which covers the top of the tooth. They work against a toothache by providing the sensitive tissue within the tooth a layer of protection against contact with air, saliva, and food.
Scaling and Planing. Tooth scaling and root planing are deep cleaning dental tools that address gum disease. Plaque on the surface of our teeth builds up and hardens, becoming tartar. This allows bacteria to flourish on the roots and other parts of the tooth the roots and other parts of the tooth become the perfect environment for bacteria to grow. This often leads to infection and tooth decay. Together, scaling and planing work to thoroughly clean tooth surfaces and block and prevent gum disease-related toothache pain.
Root Canal. A toothache caused by an abscessed tooth can be treated by your Plaza Dental Center dentist with a root canal procedure. During a root canal, your dentist removes the infected tissue within the tooth. Your dentist will drill a small opening in the top of the tooth and use it as an access point to clear out all of the infected soft tissue from the top of the tooth down into the root. With a root canal, you are able to keep the cosmetic appearance of a healthy tooth while removing the infection and protecting your gums, jaws, and bloodstream from infection too.
Extractions. If your affected tooth is significantly damaged to the point that it cannot be restored, an extraction may be the toothache remedy for you. This Glasgow Village, MO toothache treatment is also a way to relieve toothaches and other issues related to impacted wisdom teeth. Some extractions are brief and simple procedures that require nothing more than a local anesthetic, while others are more involved procedures that require complete oral surgery. The Glasgow Village, MO toothache treatment team at Plaza Dental Center can perform a safe and effective extraction for a tooth that is beyond repair or a wisdom tooth that has no room to grow.
Other Toothache Remedies. Your Glasgow Village, MO toothache dentist might suggest additional toothache remedies. An infection may be treated by taking antibiotics. A toothache due to grinding or from an injury could be helped by wearing a mouth guard. By following the treatment advice of your dentist for removing wisdom teeth, you may be able to avoid potential toothaches.
Plaza Dental Center is ready to provide any general, restorative, or cosmetic dental care you need, such as:
- Dental Emergency
- Gum Contouring
- Broken Tooth Repair
- Tooth Pain Relief
- Periodontal Treatment
- Composite Fillings
- Tooth Pain
- Gingivitis Treatment
- Dentist Near Me
Dental Care for Your Toothache Glasgow Village, MO | Plaza Dental Center
The key to successful dental care for your toothache in Glasgow Village, MO is dental treatment for your toothache in Glasgow Village, MO begins by} understanding the origin of your pain and discomfort. Plaza Dental Centers talented Glasgow Village, MO team of dental care professionals provides families across the Glasgow Village, MO area access to skilled dental services, including a range of treatment strategies for toothache pain. You do not have to live with ongoing toothache pain. When you experience a toothache that causes you pain you can’t ignore, contact us as soon as possible by calling 314-361-1818 or requesting an appointment online right away.