Quality Spanish Lake, MO dental care to stop your toothache at its source
Toothache Spanish Lake, MO: an extremely common dental plight that we all dread and fear. Luckily, Spanish Lake, MO dentistry has made significant advances in the treatment and diagnosis of toothaches from the classic bandage wrapped around a swollen face. Just as with any other dental care you receive in Spanish Lake, MO, it is important that you seek to receive treatment in a comfortable environment with a skilled dentist you can count on.
When you need relief from your toothache in Spanish Lake, MO, Plaza Dental Center can provide the toothache pain relief you desire. Armed by a team of caring and talented dental providers around Spanish Lake, MO, we provide quality dental treatments and procedures that effectively address dental ailments like toothaches for patients of all ages throughout the Greater Spanish Lake, MO area. Get more information about our Spanish Lake, MO area dental services or book your first appointment and get relief from your toothache today by simply calling 314-361-1818 or requesting an appointment online.
With a toothache, inevitably, comes pain, but exactly what that pain feels like can be different–as well as the other symptoms–depending on the cause of the toothache. If you suffer from a toothache in Spanish Lake, MO, you may feel one or more of the following symptoms:
- Pain – throbbing, sharp, stabbing, dull, or aching pain that can be constant, intermittent, or only when you bite or eat
- Tingling sensation
- Swelling of the gums surrounding the tooth
- Red appearance around the affected area
- Production of pus near the infected tooth
- An unpleasant taste or smell coming from the tooth
Spanish Lake, MO Causes of Toothache
A toothache can have various causes. Our teeth are filled with soft tissue underneath the hard outer surface, which consists of nerves and blood vessels. The nerves inside our teeth are extremely sensitive, so you can expect to experience significant toothache pain any time those nerves are irritated or inflamed.
- Cavities and damaged fillings – A cavity begins as something that is very small and barely visible. However, when cavities are unaddressed, they can cause a toothache as the cavity continues to grow. Over many years, fillings placed over cavities have the potential to break or shift out of place which also exposes the cavity and leads to a toothache.
- Cracked and chipped teeth – When force of an object during sports or other types of accidents can cause a tooth to break, chip, or crack. The broken tooth leaves the sensitive inner tissue exposed, leading to a toothache in Spanish Lake, MO.
- Dental abscess – An abscess, or an infection, can form in the root of the tooth and can develop to affect the surrounding mouth and jaw areas. An abscess-related toothache typically brings along symptoms like swelling, heat, pus, or even a fever. Abscesses are commonly caused by tooth decay that is left untreated
- Bruxism – Bruxism refers to grinding or clenching of the teeth. Often people with bruxism aren’t consciously aware of their grinding habit and many do it at night or when stressed. Habitual grinding can irritate the nerves in the tooth and causes a toothache.
- Tooth roots that are exposed – When gum disease is severe enough, the gums can recede to such a degree that it leaves tooth roots exposed. With no protection from the gums, the sensitive roots lead to a Spanish Lake, MO toothache.
- Wisdom teeth – If not removed in time, wisdom teeth can become impacted. Impaction applies pressure on other teeth and can manifest as a toothache with pain affecting multiple teeth depending on how the teeth are oriented and affected.
Sometimes the cause of a toothache isn’t even a dental issue. You could be suffering from a toothache without any of the above dental problems. Rather, your toothache could be caused by a sinus infection that creates pressure in the top back part of your mouth, some types of headaches, diabetes, and other conditions. In those cases, you should first seek medical attention for the condition causing your pain.
Toothache Treatments Spanish Lake, MO
The best defense against toothaches is to maintain your oral hygiene and safety during potentially dangerous settings such as playing sports. Unfotunately, though, even those of us who brush and floss religiously can fall victim to a toothache at one point or another. While certain toothache causes may not require professional care, your Spanish Lake, MO dentist at Plaza Dental Center can perform several treatments that can effectively address your toothache pain.
Fillings and Crowns. When a cavity or damaged filling is the source of your toothache pain, your Spanish Lake, MO dentist will likely perform a new tooth filling or a crown, which covers the top of the tooth. Both work against a toothache by providing the sensitive tissue within the tooth a layer of protection against contact with air, saliva, and food.
Scaling and Planing. A toothache related to gum disease or exposed roots can be addressed with tooth scaling and root planing. When plaque builds up and hardens over time, turning into tartar, the roots and other parts of the tooth become a bacterial breeding ground. It is easy for infection and tooth decay to follow. Together, scaling and planing work to thoroughly clean tooth surfaces and block and prevent gum disease-related toothache pain.
Root Canal. If you’re dealing with an abscessed tooth causing your toothache, you can turn to your Plaza Dental Center dentist for a root canal procedure. In a root canal, your dentist removes the infected tissue within the tooth. Your dentist will drill a small opening in the top of the tooth and use it to remove all of the infected tissue throughout the tooth. With a root canal, you are able to keep the cosmetic appearance of a healthy tooth while getting rid of the infected areas and preventing it from spreading to your gums, jaws, and bloodstream.
Extractions. If your affected tooth is significantly damaged to the point that it cannot be restored, we may need to use an extraction procedure to treat your toothache. This Spanish Lake, MO toothache treatment is also used for wisdom teeth. Extractions range from a simple procedure using only a local anesthetic to complete oral surgery. Your Plaza Dental Center Spanish Lake, MO toothache treatment team is qualified to provide the extraction you need, whether it is for a tooth that is beyond repair or a wisdom tooth that has no room to grow.
Other Toothache Remedies. Your Spanish Lake, MO toothache dentist might suggest additional toothache remedies. For example, an infected tooth could be managed by taking antibiotics. A toothache due to grinding or from an injury could be helped by wearing a mouth guard. By following the treatment advice of your dentist for removing wisdom teeth, you may be able to avoid potential toothaches.
Plaza Dental Center is ready to provide any general, restorative, or cosmetic dental care you need, such as:
- Dental Restoration
- Tooth Fillings
- Family Dentistry
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- Dental Bonding Procedure
- Dentist Office
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dentistry for Children
- Professional Teeth Whitening
Dental Care for Your Toothache Spanish Lake, MO | Plaza Dental Center
The key to successful dental care for your toothache in Spanish Lake, MO is dental treatment for your toothache in Spanish Lake, MO begins by} determining the source of your pain and discomfort. The experienced Spanish Lake, MO dental team at Plaza Dental Center offers families across the Spanish Lake, MO area access to skilled dental services, including a range of treatment strategies for toothache pain. With our services, you can experience true toothache pain relief. When you experience a toothache that causes you pain you can’t ignore, contact us as soon as possible by calling 314-361-1818 or requesting an appointment online right away.