Quality Spanish Lake, MO dental care to address the source of your toothache
Toothache Spanish Lake, MO: an extremely common dental plight that we all dread and fear. Luckily, the Spanish Lake, MO dental profession has made significant advances in the treatment and diagnosis of toothaches from the classic bandage wrapped around a swollen face. Just as with any other dental care you receive in Spanish Lake, MO, it is important that you seek to receive treatment in a comfortable environment with a skilled dentist you can count on.
If you are suffering from a toothache in Spanish Lake, MO, Plaza Dental Center has the skills and solutions to give you relief. Armed by a team of caring and talented dental providers in the Spanish Lake, MO area, we provide excellent dental treatments and procedures that are effective against toothaches and all manners of other dental problems for patients of all ages throughout the Greater Spanish Lake, MO area. Learn more on our Spanish Lake, MO area dental services or schedule your toothache treatment today by simply calling 314-361-1818 or requesting an appointment online.
A toothache is a painful experience, but exactly what that pain feels like can differ–in addition to the other symptoms–depending on the cause of the toothache. When you have a toothache in Spanish Lake, MO, you may experience the following:
- Pain – throbbing, sharp, stabbing, dull, or aching pain that can be constant, intermittent, or only when you bite or eat
- Tingling sensation
- Swelling of the gums around the tooth
- Redness in the affected area
- Production of pus from the infected tooth
- A foul taste or smell coming from the tooth
Spanish Lake, MO Toothache Causes
Many different conditions and occurrences can cause a toothache. Teeth are actually made up of soft tissue on the inside, filled with nerves and blood vessels. The nerves inside our teeth are extraordinarily sensitive, so you can expect to experience significant toothache pain any time those nerves are irritated or inflamed.
- Cavities and damaged fillings – A cavity begins as something that is minute–barely visible or visible. However, when cavities are unaddressed, they can progress and grow, leading to a toothache. Over many years, fillings placed over cavities can crack or move out of place which also exposes the cavity and leads to a toothache.
- Cracked and chipped teeth – When force of an object during sports or other types of accidents can cause a tooth to break, chip, or crack. The broken tooth leaves the sensitive inner tissue exposed, leading to a toothache in Spanish Lake, MO.
- Dental abscess – An abscess is an infection that starts in the root of the tooth and can develop to affect the jaw, gums, and mouth around it. An abscess-related toothache is often accompanied by swelling, heat, pus, or even a fever. Abscesses are commonly caused by untreated tooth decay
- Bruxism – Bruxism refers to grinding or clenching of the teeth. Often people with bruxism aren’t consciously aware of their grinding habit and many do it at night or when stressed. The grinding causes the nerves inside the tooth to become irritated, causing a toothache.
- Tooth roots that are exposed – Severe gum disease can cause gums to recede so much that it leaves tooth roots exposed. With no protection from the gums, the sensitive roots lead to a Spanish Lake, MO toothache.
- Wisdom teeth – If not removed in time, wisdom teeth can become impacted. This applies pressure on other teeth and can cause toothache pain in a combination of different teeth depending on how the teeth are oriented and affected.
A toothache isn’t always a strictly dental issue. You may experience a toothache that does not come from a dental condition like those listed above. Rather, you may have a toothache that comes from something like a sinus infection that creates pressure in the top back part of your mouth, some types of headaches, diabetes, and other conditions. In those cases, you should first seek the proper medical treatment for the underlying condition.
Toothache Treatments Spanish Lake, MO
The best defense against toothaches is preventative care, including practicing oral care and safety during potentially dangerous settings such as playing sports. Unfotunately, though, even those of us who brush and floss religiously can fall victim to a toothache at one point or another. Though sometimes a toothache can be resolved without treatment by a dental professional, your Spanish Lake, MO dentist at Plaza Dental Center can perform several treatments that can effectively address your toothache pain.
Fillings and Crowns. For a toothache caused by a growing new cavity or a broken filling, your Spanish Lake, MO dentist can address the issue with a new tooth filling or a crown, which caps the top of the tooth. Both contain a toothache by providing the sensitive tissue within the tooth a layer of protection against contact with air, saliva, and food.
Scaling and Planing. A toothache related to gum disease or exposed roots can be addressed with tooth scaling and root planing. Plaque on the surface of our teeth builds up and hardens, becoming tartar. This allows bacteria to flourish on the roots and other parts of the tooth the roots and other parts of the tooth become a bacterial breeding ground. This often leads to infection and tooth decay. Together, scaling and planing work to thoroughly clean tooth surfaces and block and prevent toothache pain due to gum disease.
Root Canal. A toothache caused by an abscessed tooth can be treated by your Plaza Dental Center dentist with a root canal procedure. In a root canal, the infected soft tissue inside the tooth is removed. This is accomplished by drilling a very small hole in the top of the tooth and using it as an access point to clear out all of the infected soft tissue from the top of the tooth down into the root. This toothache treatment method preserves the look of the natural tooth while getting rid of the infected areas and protecting your gums, jaws, and bloodstream from infection too.
Extractions. For a badly damaged tooth that your dentist can not restore, an extraction may be the toothache remedy for you. This Spanish Lake, MO toothache treatment is also a way to relieve toothaches and other issues related to impacted wisdom teeth. Some extractions are brief and simple procedures that require nothing more than a local anesthetic, while others are more involved procedures that require complete oral surgery. Your Plaza Dental Center Spanish Lake, MO toothache treatment team can perform a safe and effective extraction for a tooth that is beyond repair or a wisdom tooth that has no room to grow.
Other Toothache Remedies. In some cases, your toothache dentist in Spanish Lake, MO may identify that your tooth pain may benefit from additional remedies. For example, an infected tooth may be managed with antibiotics. A toothache due to grinding or from an injury could be helped by wearing a mouth guard. By following the treatment advice of your dentist for removing wisdom teeth, you may be able to avoid potential toothaches.
Plaza Dental Center is ready to provide any general, restorative, or cosmetic dental care you need, such as:
- Tooth Pain Relief
- Periodontal Treatment
- Composite Fillings
- Tooth Pain
- Gingivitis Treatment
- Dentist Near Me
- Dental Office
- Pediatric Dentist
- Dental Restoration
Dental Care for Your Toothache Spanish Lake, MO | Plaza Dental Center
Quality dental treatment for your toothache in Spanish Lake, MO begins by} understanding the cause of your pain and discomfort. Plaza Dental Centers talented Spanish Lake, MO team of dental care professionals provides families across the Spanish Lake, MO area access to skilled dental services, including treatments for toothache pain. You do not have to live with ongoing toothache pain. When you experience a toothache that causes you pain you can’t ignore, come to us for help by calling 314-361-1818 or requesting an appointment online right away.