Quality Riverview Gardens, MO dental care to stop your toothache at its source
Toothache Riverview Gardens, MO: it is a commonly occurring dental issue that we all dread and fear. Luckily, the Riverview Gardens, MO dental profession has come a long way from the image of the swollen-cheek patient with gauze tied around their head when it comes to toothache diagnosis and treatment. Just as with any other dental care you receive in Riverview Gardens, MO, it is important that you seek to receive treatment in a comfortable environment with a skilled dentist you can count on.
When you need relief from your toothache in Riverview Gardens, MO, Plaza Dental Center can provide the toothache pain relief you desire. As leaders among dental providers around Riverview Gardens, MO, we bring excellent dental work and procedures that effectively address dental issues of all types, including toothaches, for all dental patients in the Greater Riverview Gardens, MO region. Get more information on the dental care we provide in the Riverview Gardens, MO area or book your first appointment and get relief from your toothache today by simply calling 314-361-1818 or requesting an appointment online.
A toothache is a painful experience, but exactly what that pain feels like can be different–as well as the accompanying symptoms–depending on the cause of the toothache. When you have a toothache in Riverview Gardens, MO, you may experience the following:
- Pain – either constant, recurring, or eating-related pain characterizes as throbbing, stabbing, sharp, dull, or aching
- Tingling sensation
- Swollen gums surrounding the tooth
- Redness around the affected area
- Pus or drainage around the infected tooth
- A bad taste or smell coming from the tooth
Riverview Gardens, MO Toothache Causes
Many different conditions and occurrences can cause a toothache. Our teeth are filled with soft tissue on the inside, which consists of nerves and blood vessels. The nerves inside our teeth are extremely sensitive, so any amount of inflammation or irritation can produce excruciating toothache pain.
- Cavities and damaged fillings – When cavities first form, they are very small and barely discernible. However, when cavities are untreated, they can cause a toothache as the cavity continues to grow. Over many years, fillings placed over cavities have the potential to crack or move out of place, leaving the cavitiy again exposed and at risk of developing a toothache.
- Chipped and cracked teeth – Trauma that occurs when playing sports or getting in some kind of accident can cause a tooth to break, chip, or crack. The broken tooth leaves the sensitive inner tissue exposed, leading to a toothache in Riverview Gardens, MO.
- Dental abscess – An abscess is an infection that starts in the root of the tooth and can develop to affect the jaw, gums, and mouth around it. This type of toothache usually come with swelling, heat, pus, or even a fever. Abscesses often form due to untreated tooth decay
- Bruxism – Bruxism is the dental term for grinding or clenching of the teeth. Often people with bruxism aren’t consciously aware of their grinding habit and many do it in their sleep or when stressed. Repetitive grinding can turn into a toothache.
- Tooth roots that are exposed – Severe gum disease can cause gums to recede so much that it leaves tooth roots exposed. The exposed roots are sensitive and lead to a Riverview Gardens, MO toothache.
- Wisdom teeth – Many of us must have our wisdom teeth removed because of the risk of impaction. This introduces pressure on other teeth and can manifest as a toothache with pain affecting multiple teeth depending on how the teeth are oriented and affected.
Sometimes the cause of a toothache isn’t even a dental condition. You may experience toothache symptoms without any of the above dental problems. Rather, you may have a toothache that comes from something like a sinus infection that creates pressure in the top back part of your mouth, certain types of headaches, diabetes, and other conditions. In those cases, it is best to first receive the proper medical treatment for the underlying condition.
Toothache Treatments Riverview Gardens, MO
The best method for warding off a toothache is preventative care, including practicing oral health and safety during potentially dangerous settings such as playing sports. However, a toothache can form even in those of us to consistently brush, floss, and take care of our teeth as directed. While certain toothache causes may not require professional care, there are several effective treatments your Riverview Gardens, MO dentist can provide that will help you experience relief from your toothache pain.
Fillings and Crowns. For a toothache caused by a growing new cavity or a broken filling, your Riverview Gardens, MO dentist may recommend a new tooth filling or a crown, which covers the top of the tooth. Both work against a toothache by providing the sensitive tissue within the tooth a layer of protection against contact with air, saliva, and food.
Scaling and Planing. A toothache related to gum disease or exposed roots can be addressed with tooth scaling and root planing. Plaque on the surface of our teeth builds up and hardens, becoming tartar. This allows bacteria to flourish on the roots and other parts of the tooth the roots and other parts of the tooth become a bacterial breeding ground. This often leads to infection and tooth decay. Together, scaling and planing are a deep cleaning method that can prevent and address gum disease-related toothache pain.
Root Canal. If you’re dealing with an abscessed tooth causing your toothache, you can turn to your Plaza Dental Center dentist for a root canal procedure. During a root canal, your dentist removes the infected tissue within the tooth. Your dentist will drill a small opening in the top of the tooth and use it to clear out all of the infected tissue throughout the tooth. With a root canal, you are able to keep the cosmetic appearance of a healthy tooth while removing the infection and preventing it from spreading to your gums, jaws, and bloodstream.
Extractions. If your affected tooth is significantly damaged to the point that it cannot be restored, an extraction may be the toothache remedy for you. This Riverview Gardens, MO toothache treatment is also a way to relieve toothaches and other issues related to impacted wisdom teeth. Extractions range from a simple procedure using only a local anesthetic to complete oral surgery. The Riverview Gardens, MO toothache treatment team at Plaza Dental Center can perform a safe and effective extraction for a tooth that is beyond repair or a wisdom tooth that has no room to grow.
Other Toothache Remedies. In some cases, your toothache dentist in Riverview Gardens, MO may identify that your tooth pain may benefit from additional remedies. For example, an infected tooth could be treated with antibiotics. A mouth guard can help when the toothache is caused by grinding or an injury. Following your dentist’s recommendations on removing wisdom teeth can prevent various toothache causes.
Plaza Dental Center is ready to provide any general, restorative, or cosmetic dental care you need, such as:
- Dental Emergency
- Gum Contouring
- Broken Tooth Repair
- Tooth Pain Relief
- Periodontal Treatment
- Composite Fillings
- Tooth Pain
- Gingivitis Treatment
- Dentist Near Me
Dental Care for Your Toothache Riverview Gardens, MO | Plaza Dental Center
The key to successful dental care for your toothache in Riverview Gardens, MO is dental treatment for your toothache in Riverview Gardens, MO begins by} understanding the cause of your pain and discomfort. The experienced Riverview Gardens, MO dental team at Plaza Dental Center offers families across the Riverview Gardens, MO area quality dental care, including treatments to address toothache pain. You do not have to live with ongoing toothache pain. When you experience a toothache that causes you pain you can’t ignore, come to us for help by calling 314-361-1818 or requesting an appointment online right away.