Quality Velda Village, MO dental care to stop your toothache at its source
Toothache Velda Village, MO: an extremely common dental complaint that we all hope we can avoid. Fortunately, Velda Village, MO dentistry has made significant advances in the treatment and diagnosis of toothaches from the classic bandage wrapped around a swollen face. Just as with any other dental care you receive in Velda Village, MO, it is important that you put your toothache treatment in the hands of a dentist you can trust from a practice where you feel comfortable.
If you are suffering from a toothache in Velda Village, MO, Plaza Dental Center has the skills and solutions to give you relief. Armed by a team of caring and talented dental providers in the Velda Village, MO area, we provide excellent dental care that work to target toothaches and all manners of other dental problems for all dental patients in the Greater Velda Village, MO area. Get more information about our Velda Village, MO area dental services or schedule your toothache treatment today by simply calling 314-361-1818 or requesting an appointment online.
A toothache is a painful experience, but exactly what that pain feels like can vary–in addition to the other symptoms–depending on the cause of the toothache. Developing a toothache in Velda Village, MO can cause various sensations, such as:
- Pain – either constant, recurring, or eating-related pain characterizes as throbbing, stabbing, sharp, dull, or aching
- Tingling sensation
- Swelling of the gums surrounding the tooth
- Redness around the affected area
- Production of pus near the infected tooth
- A foul taste or smell coming from the tooth
Velda Village, MO Causes of Toothache
You could develop a toothache many different ways. Teeth are filled with soft tissue on the inside, filled with a bundle of nerves and blood vessels. These particular nerves are extraordinarily sensitive, so any amount of inflammation or irritation can produce excruciating toothache pain.
- Cavities and damaged fillings – A cavity begins as something that is minute–barely visible or detectable, but if left untreated, they can progress and grow, leading to a toothache. Over many years, fillings placed over cavities can crack or move out of place, leaving the cavitiy again exposed and at risk of developing a toothache.
- Chipped and cracked teeth – When force of an object during sports or other types of accidents can cause a tooth to break, chip, or crack. This can expose the sensitive part of the tooth and lead to a toothache in Velda Village, MO.
- Dental abscess – An abscess is an infection that starts in the root of the tooth and can develop to affect the jaw, gums, and mouth around it. An abscess-related toothache typically brings along symptoms like swelling, heat, pus, or even a fever. Abscesses are commonly caused by untreated tooth decay
- Bruxism – Bruxism refers to grinding or clenching of the teeth. Some people unknowingly grind their teeth in their sleep or when stressed. Habitual grinding can irritate the nerves in the tooth and causes a toothache.
- Exposed tooth roots – Severe gum disease can cause gums to recede so much that tooth roots may become exposed. With no protection from the gums, the sensitive roots lead to a Velda Village, MO toothache.
- Wisdom teeth – It is common for wisdom teeth to become impacted as they begin to come in. This introduces pressure on other teeth and can cause toothache pain in a combination of different teeth based on their location and orientation.
Sometimes the cause of a toothache isn’t even a dental condition. You could be suffering from toothache symptoms that does not come from a dental condition like those listed above. Instead, your toothache could be caused by a sinus infection putting pressure in the upper back part of your mouth, certain types of headaches, diabetes, and other conditions. In those cases, you should first seek the proper medical treatment for the underlying condition.
Toothache Treatments Velda Village, MO
The best method for warding off a toothache is to maintain your oral health and safety when playing sports. However, a toothache can form even in those of us to consistently brush, floss, and take care of our teeth as directed. While sometimes a toothache can be resolved without professional care, your Velda Village, MO dentist at Plaza Dental Center can perform several treatments that can effectively address your toothache pain.
Fillings and Crowns. When a cavity or damaged filling is the source of your toothache pain, your Velda Village, MO dentist may recommend a new tooth filling or a crown, which covers the top of the tooth. They work against a toothache by providing the sensitive tissue within the tooth a layer of protection against contact with air, saliva, and food.
Scaling and Planing. Tooth scaling and root planing are deep cleaning dental tools that address gum disease. Plaque on the surface of our teeth builds up and hardens, becoming tartar. This allows bacteria to flourish on the roots and other parts of the tooth the roots and other parts of the tooth become the perfect environment for bacteria to grow. This often leads to infection and tooth decay. Together, scaling and planing work to thoroughly clean tooth surfaces and block and prevent toothache pain due to gum disease.
Root Canal. If you’re dealing with an abscessed tooth causing your toothache, you can turn to your Plaza Dental Center dentist for a root canal procedure. During a root canal, your dentist removes the infected tissue within the tooth. This is accomplished by drilling a very small hole in the top of the tooth and using it as an access point to clear out all of the infected tissue throughout the tooth. With a root canal, you are able to keep the cosmetic appearance of a healthy tooth while removing the infected areas and protecting your gums, jaws, and bloodstream from infection too.
Extractions. For a badly damaged tooth that your dentist can not restore, an extraction may be the toothache remedy for you. This Velda Village, MO toothache treatment is also a way to relieve toothaches and other issues related to impacted wisdom teeth. Extractions range from a simple procedure using only a local anesthetic to complete oral surgery. Your Plaza Dental Center Velda Village, MO toothache treatment team is qualified to provide a safe and effective extraction for a tooth that is beyond repair or a wisdom tooth that has no room to grow.
Other Toothache Remedies. In some cases, your toothache dentist in Velda Village, MO may identify that your tooth pain may benefit from additional remedies. An infection could be managed with antibiotics. A toothache due to grinding or from an injury could be helped by wearing a mouth guard. Following your dentist’s recommendations on removing wisdom teeth can prevent various toothache causes.
Plaza Dental Center is ready to provide any general, restorative, or cosmetic dental care you need, such as:
- Dental Restoration
- Tooth Fillings
- Family Dentistry
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- Dental Bonding Procedure
- Dentist Office
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dentistry for Children
- Professional Teeth Whitening
Dental Care for Your Toothache Velda Village, MO | Plaza Dental Center
Quality dental treatment for your toothache in Velda Village, MO begins by} determining the cause of your pain and discomfort. Plaza Dental Centers talented Velda Village, MO team of dental care professionals provides families across the Velda Village, MO area quality dental care, including a range of treatment strategies for toothache pain. With our services, you can experience true toothache pain relief. While we hope to never experience the pain of a toothache, if you or a family develop one, contact us as soon as possible by calling 314-361-1818 or requesting an appointment online right away.