Quality Warson Woods, MO dental care that treats your toothache at the source
Toothache Warson Woods, MO: an extremely common dental ailment that we all dread and fear. Luckily, the Warson Woods, MO dental profession has come a long way from the image of the swollen-cheek patient with gauze tied around their head when it comes to toothache diagnosis and treatment. Just as with any other dental care you receive in Warson Woods, MO, it is important that you put your toothache treatment in the hands of a dentist you can trust from a practice where you feel comfortable.
When you need relief from your toothache in Warson Woods, MO, Plaza Dental Center has the skills and solutions to give you relief. As leaders among dental providers in the Warson Woods, MO area, we bring excellent dental work and procedures that are effective against toothaches and all manners of other dental problems for all dental patients in the Greater Warson Woods, MO area. Learn more about the dental care we provide in the Warson Woods, MO area or schedule an appointment to address your toothache today by simply calling 314-361-1818 or requesting an appointment online.
A toothache is a painful experience, but exactly what that pain feels like can vary–in addition to the accompanying symptoms–and are based on the cause of the toothache. When you have a toothache in Warson Woods, MO, you may experience the following:
- Pain – either constant, recurring, or eating-related pain characterizes as throbbing, stabbing, sharp, dull, or aching
- Tingling sensation
- Swelling of the gums around the tooth
- Redness in the affected area
- Pus or drainage near the infected tooth
- An unpleasant taste or smell coming from the tooth
Warson Woods, MO Toothache Causes
Many different conditions and occurrences can cause a toothache. Our teeth are filled with soft tissue underneath the hard outer surface, which consists of a bundle of nerves and blood vessels. The nerves inside our teeth are extraordinarily sensitive, so any amount of inflammation or irritation can produce excruciating toothache pain.
- Cavities and damaged fillings – A cavity begins as something that is very small and barely visible, but if left unaddressed, they can cause a toothache as the cavity continues to grow. Old fillings used to treat previous cavities can crack or move out of place, leaving the cavitiy again exposed and at risk of developing a toothache.
- Chipped and cracked teeth – When force of an object during sports or other types of accidents can crack, chip, or otherwise break a tooth. The broken tooth leaves the sensitive inner tissue exposed, leading to a toothache in Warson Woods, MO.
- Dental abscess – An abscess, or an infection, can form in the root of the tooth and can spread to the surrounding mouth and jaw areas. This type of toothache typically brings along symptoms like swelling, heat, pus, or even a fever. Abscesses often form due to tooth decay that is left untreated
- Bruxism – Bruxism is the dental term for grinding or clenching of the teeth. Some people unknowingly grind their teeth in their sleep or when stressed. Habitual grinding causes the nerves inside the tooth to become irritated, causing a toothache.
- Exposed tooth roots – When gum disease is severe enough, the gums can recede to such a degree that tooth roots may become exposed. The exposed roots are sensitive and lead to a Warson Woods, MO toothache.
- Wisdom teeth – If not removed in time, wisdom teeth can become impacted. Impaction puts pressure on other teeth and can manifest as a toothache with pain affecting multiple teeth depending on how the teeth are oriented and affected.
A toothache isn’t always a strictly dental condition. You could be suffering from a toothache that does not come from a dental condition like those listed above. Rather, you may have a toothache that comes from something like a sinus infection that creates pressure in the top back part of your mouth, certain types of headaches, diabetes, and other conditions. If that is true for you, you should first seek medical attention for the condition causing your pain.
Toothache Treatments Warson Woods, MO
The best method for warding off a toothache is to practice proper oral care and safety when playing sports. Unfotunately, though, a toothache can form even in those of us to consistently brush, floss, and take care of our teeth as directed. While sometimes a toothache can be resolved without treatment by a dental professional, there are several effective treatments your Warson Woods, MO dentist can provide that can effectively address your toothache pain.
Fillings and Crowns. For a toothache caused by a growing new cavity or a broken filling, your Warson Woods, MO dentist can address the issue with a new tooth filling or a crown, which covers the top of the tooth. They work against a toothache by protecting the sensitive nerves from contact with air, saliva, and food.
Scaling and Planing. Tooth scaling and root planing are deep cleaning dental tools that address gum disease. When plaque builds up and hardens over time, turning into tartar, the roots and other parts of the tooth become a bacterial breeding ground. This often leads to infection and tooth decay. Together, scaling and planing work to thoroughly clean tooth surfaces and block and prevent toothache pain due to gum disease.
Root Canal. A toothache caused by an abscessed tooth can be treated by your Plaza Dental Center dentist with a root canal procedure. During a root canal, the infected soft tissue inside the tooth is removed. Your dentist will drill a small opening in the top of the tooth and use it as an access point to remove all of the infected tissue throughout the tooth. With a root canal, you are able to keep the cosmetic appearance of a healthy tooth while getting rid of the infected areas and preventing it from spreading to your gums, jaws, and bloodstream.
Extractions. If your affected tooth is significantly damaged to the point that it cannot be restored, an extraction may be the toothache remedy for you. This Warson Woods, MO toothache treatment is also used for wisdom teeth. Extractions range from a simple procedure using only a local anesthetic to complete oral surgery. The Warson Woods, MO toothache treatment team at Plaza Dental Center can perform the extraction you need, whether it is for a tooth that is beyond repair or a wisdom tooth that has no room to grow.
Other Toothache Remedies. Your Warson Woods, MO toothache dentist might suggest additional toothache remedies. An infection could be managed by taking antibiotics. A toothache due to grinding or from an injury could be helped by wearing a mouth guard. By following the treatment advice of your dentist for removing wisdom teeth, you may be able to avoid potential toothaches.
Plaza Dental Center is ready to provide any general, restorative, or cosmetic dental care you need, such as:
- Dental Restoration
- Tooth Fillings
- Family Dentistry
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- Dental Bonding Procedure
- Dentist Office
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dentistry for Children
- Professional Teeth Whitening
Dental Care for Your Toothache Warson Woods, MO | Plaza Dental Center
The key to successful dental care for your toothache in Warson Woods, MO is dental treatment for your toothache in Warson Woods, MO begins by} identifying the origin of your pain and discomfort. Plaza Dental Centers talented Warson Woods, MO team of dental care professionals offers families across the Warson Woods, MO area quality dental services, including treatments for toothache pain. Relief from toothache pain is possible with the proper dental care. While we hope to never experience the pain of a toothache, if you or a family develop one, come to us for help by calling 314-361-1818 or requesting an appointment online right away.